Candlewood Suites Harrisburg(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$103
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$195
US$188
Hampton.com
US$93
US$90
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$188
US$173
Homewood
US$78
US$111
US$91
US$146
US$123
Best Western Harrisburg/Hershey Hotel(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$116
Baymont by Wyndham Harrisburg(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$113
Priceline
All reviewshershey parkyogurtfree breakfastfront desk clerkclean roomseasy accessbed was very comfortablehiehighwaypet
Reviewed 29 September 2014

The GOOD:

I stayed here for 4 nights for business. After driving 2.5 hrs in the rain, I welcomed the warm comfortable bed, free wi-fi, and fluffy pillows & comforter. The staff was friendly and very helpful ready to make accommodations as necessary. Free continental breakfast every morning from 6A-9A. The 'Jamaican Me Crazy' coffee was fresh, hot, and delicious and readily available. Their automatic pancake maker was the envy of our group - I've got to find one of those things for home. :O) There are restaurants and shopping in the immediate vicinity and more malls 15-20 minutes away. Hershey Park is approx. 30 mins away, although I didn't stop there, I did go to the Hershey Outlet Mall (not a great selection, you'll have better luck at the Burlington Coat Factory down the road from the hotel). Other perks: free parking, access to 2 computers with free printing in the lobby, a microwave in the lobby, knowledgeable staff, free washing machine and dryer access.

The BAD:

Yes, when I first entered the room I smelled stale smoke, but having read other reviews I knew that this may be problematic and brought a plug-in room freshener (Glade, Bath & Body Works, etc) with me. The room could use slight remodeling/touch-ups. There were cracks in the shower stall, trim that needed to be painted, the room key didn't work the first time - kinda had to keep swiping it before it worked (small things). The first night, the housekeeper didn't vacuum, but after that no issues with cleanliness. The gym is kinda small, but it serves its purpose. The pool was closed (LOL) Oh yeah, and the exhaust fan in the bathroom is noisy. After a while it's annoying, but only if you're the type of person that gets annoyed after awhile. :O)

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2014

I am writing this review from inside my room which reeks of stale cigarette smoke. The carpet is torn and actually wet in places, The bathroom vent fan clearly does not work, the stale smoke smell has a moldy undertone. They have no rooms to move me to, which I can only assume are nice? If you stay in this hotel, please note there are horrible hideous gross rooms on the first floor. I have never been so disappointed at a hotel, and I have to stay here another day!!! :( :( :(

Room Tip: Dont stay on the first floor - for sure!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2014

Dear Allison M,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 September 2014

My stay began after an awful days drive.I arrived exhaused and mentally drained.The crew at HIE were quickly accomodating. .All i really wanted was a hot shower and a clean comfortable bed... Which is what i got...A very clean and fresh room and bed along with a sparkeling clean bathroom..I woke rested and ready for my day . >>>> After an abundant breakfast with fresh hot coffee....
I will be staying here again on my travels thru Hrrisburg , Pa .... Nice Place , Friendly Crew !.... Thank You !

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2014

Over all had a great time went to Hershey for the weekend . The staff was very helpful found us some great places to eat. The pool was nice and clean . The room was clean nice sheets. cute little breakfast when u gotta run .Mcds right next store when ur craving ur coffee or nuggets lol . would stay again anytime .

Room Tip: higher rooms for quiet time..............
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Todd A W
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We're currently stuck staying at this dismal property thanks to a hockey tournament, and I can assure you that the rooms have NOT been taken care of as the manager says in previous reviews. They are still damp, and the still reek of smoke. The bathrooms are tiny, the rooms are not clean, and the whole place is depressing. All this can be yours for the low, low, price of only $125/night!!

Surely you can do better elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for one in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Tiffany A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Good afternoon Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Tiffany Alvarado