“Certainly not a 3 star hotel! :(”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 24 September 2014

I am writing this review from inside my room which reeks of stale cigarette smoke. The carpet is torn and actually wet in places, The bathroom vent fan clearly does not work, the stale smoke smell has a moldy undertone. They have no rooms to move me to, which I can only assume are nice? If you stay in this hotel, please note there are horrible hideous gross rooms on the first floor. I have never been so disappointed at a hotel, and I have to stay here another day!!! :( :( :(

Room Tip: Dont stay on the first floor - for sure!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2014

Dear Allison M,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 September 2014

My stay began after an awful days drive.I arrived exhaused and mentally drained.The crew at HIE were quickly accomodating. .All i really wanted was a hot shower and a clean comfortable bed... Which is what i got...A very clean and fresh room and bed along with a sparkeling clean bathroom..I woke rested and ready for my day . >>>> After an abundant breakfast with fresh hot coffee....
I will be staying here again on my travels thru Hrrisburg , Pa .... Nice Place , Friendly Crew !.... Thank You !

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2014

Over all had a great time went to Hershey for the weekend . The staff was very helpful found us some great places to eat. The pool was nice and clean . The room was clean nice sheets. cute little breakfast when u gotta run .Mcds right next store when ur craving ur coffee or nuggets lol . would stay again anytime .

Room Tip: higher rooms for quiet time..............
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Todd A W
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We're currently stuck staying at this dismal property thanks to a hockey tournament, and I can assure you that the rooms have NOT been taken care of as the manager says in previous reviews. They are still damp, and the still reek of smoke. The bathrooms are tiny, the rooms are not clean, and the whole place is depressing. All this can be yours for the low, low, price of only $125/night!!

Surely you can do better elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for one in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Tiffany A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Good afternoon Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Tiffany Alvarado

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed here with my sons baseball team. We really liked this hotel BUT and it
is a big BUT, rooms on the lower level smelled of stale smoke. It was disgusting and
actaully made me nauseous. Luckly their sheets were clean and fresh. I covered my
face and slept that way. Believe me I would of called the front desk to change our
room but we got into the room very late and my kids were fast asleep, I would of had to wake them and change rooms late at night. I just buried my face. The next day I found out others
also said their room smelt of smoke. These rooms were on the first and second floor. The
rest of the families on the higher floors loved their rooms. Word to the wise, book this hotel
but DO NOT accept a room that was once a smoking room which appears to be on the
1st and 2nd floor. I am glad the Holiday Inn made the switch to non smoking but it still smells a year later. Maybe the need to change out the carpet.

Room Tip: Request a room that was always a non smoking room.
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Tiffany A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Good afternoon Carolyn B,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience with your room did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Thank you Tiffany Alvarado General Manager