“Best pastries in the city!”

Alvaro Bread & Pastry Shop
Ranked #28 of 575 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017

One the best places to dine in the city. Great food, customer service and variety. If there is only one restaurant to visit in Harrisburg, Alvaros is the place

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I recently ate lunch here with friends while attending an event at the Farm Show Complex. This place didn't disappoint- my pasta was excellent, salads were fresh, and sandwiches tasty. Friendly service! Best lunch we had all week! We'll gladly return next time we are in town.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I would probably regret posting it
It's already very busy at lunch time
But it's awesome

Never had a bad dish

Never ate anywhere else in Harrisburg since I was introduced

Great family business

Reviewed 18 May 2017

While visiting our grandchildren, we were introduced to the finest "local" Italian eatery we have ever been to. Located in the historic "Old Uptown" section of Harrisburg, this family owned restaurant , known as "Alvaro's Bread and Bakery Shoppe", will win you over the minute you step inside. Serving traditional Italian breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, you will struggle to decide on which delightful option to order! Only family members (who return yearly to Italy to update the menus) cook and serve so as to ensure the authenticity of both the food and service. Service is friendly, attentive and prices are very reasonable. Menu choices cover all well know Italian dishes and desserts(Gelato, Baklava and Pastries). One thing not available is wine, but you are welcome to bring your own selection to enjoy (soft drinks, coffee, tea, etc. are available). Be sure to call for dinner reservations as early as possible as the small eating area restricts patronage. Do bring your appetite and be prepared for a memorable evening of Italian delights! (Phone: 717-238-1999)

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Like another poster, I like this place. I love that they are doing well and definitely think it's an asset to the neighborhood. The owners and their family are as nice as can be. But, as far as the food goes, I'm sorry but it really is just average. Love the pastries and gelato. I will continue to go because I love to support local businesses but I'm never expecting to have my socks blown off by my meal.

1  Thank Ktr4371