“Best Vegan in the Area”

The Vegetable Hunter
Ranked #124 of 591 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Vegetable Hunter is an Award Winning Vegan/ Vegetarian Cafe and Boutique Brewery which was opened on June 16, 2014 by wife and husband, Kristin Messner-Baker and John Baker. Located in the historic section of Restaurant Row in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, The Vegetable Hunter offers a menu of visionary multicultural vegan and vegetarian homemade food and drinks. Our Boutique Brewery opened in early 2017 and features small batch beer made with fresh and interesting ingredients. The Vegetable Hunter has had an exciting first few years with several write ups, multiple media appearances, and recently won Harrisburg Magazine’s 2016 Simply the Best Vegetarian Restaurant and Central Penn Magazine’s 2016 Best Vegetarian Restaurant.
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Excellent menu options. Casual, welcoming environment. Service is outstanding in terms of friendliness. The vegan "crabcakes" are he best on the menu in my opinion.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I ordered The Israeli large plate with Kale and Quinoa salad. Everything was fresh, delicious and had so much flavor.

To drink I had the Apple and Squash beer which was also very tasty and refreshing. To top it off the huge vegan chocolate chip cookies looked so good I had to have one. That didn't disappoint either!!

Very friendly owner and staff. Owner is passionate and it shows. Cute, adorable cafe located right in downtown near the State House. I will definitely be coming again next time I am in town!!

Reviewed 15 November 2016

The food was excellent, service was very friendly, and live music was being performed to create a wonderful dining out experience. Many Vegan choices as well as vegetarian. The food will not disappoint if you eat vegan. Our friends who are not vegan also enjoyed their dishes.

1  Thank we4singalto
Reviewed 27 June 2016

My husband and I are vegans. So you can imagine it's difficult to find interesting cuisine especially in secondary and tertiary markets. I found Crave and Company with a quick Google search and was delighted to find such an original establishment in Harrisburg.

Although it a very small restaurant with a limited kitchen the staff ambitiously produces fare that would require a larger for many. Everything was really, really fresh. I highly recommend the taco bowl. It was yummy. There's definitely something on the menu for everyone.

We enjoyed meeting the owner and her husband. It's quite obvious that this is a labor of love for them. It's not a big restaurant or upscale but it's from the heart and there's a lot to be said for that. Oh, and yes, the food is really good also!

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Grabbed lunch with a friend here. The staff is friendly, but not very quick. The menu didn't have a lot of items for my personal taste; however, everything they had was fresh. I would recommend previewing the menu before going. If you like the menu, you won't be disappointed in giving it a try.

1  Thank Dean_Amy-2004