“Do not miss”

Ranked #52 of 591 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

This is like Cheers but with the best bar food anywhere. Everything is very well made. Yuengling beer is one of the best from Americas'oldest brewery. The crab cakes rock. The servers are the best. Nikki served us and was a pure pleasure. I use to live in this area and wish there was s place this good in my area.

1  Thank Geoffrey B

Reviewed 18 July 2016

My husband and I have never been to the Paxtang Grill, so we decided to give it a try this past weekend. We were seated right away. I ordered a grilled chicken, onion, spinach, and blue cheese flatbread, and my husband ordered the wing special. The waitress did 'warn' him that their wings were small; they were actually a perfect size! Lunch left me pleasantly full, not overstuffed. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 29 May 2016

Paxtang grill has nice fresh food that is a cut above ordinary barfood. This is a community establishment like I would imagine a neighborhood pub to be in England though I haven't had that experience. Service is quick and friendly. There are special events (trivia night for example). Crab cakes are a specialty. Prices are much better than at other area eateries. It is local, but not a place where a stranger would feel out of place. Highly recommended for a nice casual meal and a nice selection of brews and cocktails. Kids fit right in. It is fairly small and can be crowded on a Friday night, but call ahead and check. There is outside seating as well weather permitting.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed 21 April 2016

This is a small, local, neighborhood bar/restaurant. I had the avocado BLT from the lunch special menu with fries. The sandwich roll was not real fresh and for me, the bread is an important part of what makes a sandwich good. There was a good amount of bacon on the sandwich and appropriate amount of avocado, lettuce & tomato. The fries were hot & delicious! Our waitress was very friendly, accommodating, and went out of her way to provide exceptional service. I would like to return and try some other menu offerings.

Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

Wonderful neighborhood bar and grill I had Maryland crab ravioli it was excellent my friends had lasagna it were wonderful we went on a Saturday evening it was very crowded service was great and very accommodating.