“Consistently good food”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2017

The Progress Grill is known for its excellent seafood, particularly the lobster tail and crab cakes. And rarely does it disappoint in this area. The restaurant is a mainstay in the Harrisburg area and I've been there many times as it is a family favorite. Expect traditional dishes prepared simply with large portions. It is pricey but protein quality is good. Side dishes could be improved - at this type of restaurant it would be nice if the French fries were fresh cut. Peanut butter pie filling is delicious, however crust leaves something to be desired.

Postole, Owner at Progress Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Reviewed 16 September 2017

The Progress Grill is not what one expects with it's simple name. Progress is a section of Harrisburg and it is a direct street trip from the Capitol area right out Walnut St. So easy to get to. There is good parking and entry is easy for disabled. The menu is exceptionally varied and the seafood and vegetables seem fresh and the wait staff are happy to help with recommendations, My best description is "Yummy". Prices are consistent with local ones but with the large selection of dishes and their size make up for anyone in the party that grumbles.

1  Thank armedinfidel
Postole, Owner at Progress Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I have to admit that since I came to this area over 30 years ago, I have never set foot in the Progress Grill. I have no idea why. Maybe it was just too far off my usual beaten track.

Well, I finally got here, and I can tell you that I will be back!

This is one of those timeless places that are comfortably elegant. You don't have to dress for this restaurant, but you won't feel out of place if you do. The food is plentiful and delicious, the drinks are great, and the service is friendly and efficient. If there anything that might make me adjust my rating down a half star, it's the prices. This place isn't cheap, but I realize that the food quality is good, and the servings are sufficiently large. So I'm not complaining!

I had the "famous" prime rib dinner, which was quite tasty, if maybe a little stringy in places. The the flavor was great, and the portion was large. My wife got the jumbo lobster tail (this was the reason for our visit), and she was more than happy with her selection.

My wife made a comment about this being her birthday dinner (we were off by a couple of weeks to accommodate our friends' schedules), and I guess the server overheard, because at the end of the meal, she appeared with a nice birthday cake (and candle, of course), which was large enough to easily feed our table of six.

I've gotta say that I'm now a fan of this place. And I think I will make more effort to go out of my way to return here.

1  Thank Steve G
Postole, Manager at Progress Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Thank you for your nice review! We are glad that you visited us and enjoyed your dinner! We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have been going to the Progress Grill for over 30 + years and have tried just about everything on the menu and have always been pleased with what ever I chose.

1  Thank Robert Z
Postole, Owner at Progress Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for your nice review and your continued patronage!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

One of our most favorite places to dine. I had the poor mans surf and turf which is a filet and crab cake, the had the filet. Everything was perfect {as usual} Great food, great service ALWAYS!!!

Postole, Owner at Progress Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017