“Best prime rib in Harrisburg”
Review of Firehouse

Firehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Firehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 550 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Trendy, hip, the place to eat in Harrisburg. Nice girls that serve the tables, interesting bar, very social and with excellent beer selections..

A little pricy but worth the little extra...you get what you pay for...

There are newer reviews for Firehouse

Reviewed 19 February 2012

My family and I went to Firehouse for dinner. When we walked into Firehouse it was crowded and there is no hostess booth. I had to hunt down the host , so you can imagine what I had to go through just to get my name on the waiting list. When we were seated the waitress was great. We ordered 3 meals, Stoned Chicken, Stuffed Chicken with Shrimp (I added the Shrimp to the Stuffed Chicken dish) and Filet with crabcake. My first choice was the Hook and Ladder. they ran out of the ribs. So my second choice was the Stuffed Chicken (bad choice).
--The Stoned chicken was over cooked.
-- The Stuffed Chicken did not have much flavor and it was over cooked. (really bad dish) DO NOT GET this dish!!!
-- Filet wasn't bad...it was ordered and cooked to medium.

What I did notice was the food was not hot. The cost of our dinner was $$$ for how the food tasted. My wife and I both agreed that we could have made this food at home better. The dishes in our opinion was not restaurant quality.

1  Thank ch52
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Nice to see the old firehouse still in business. Very busy place at dinner, even on the weekdays, but worth it. Blackened chicken with onions, peppers and cheese on a great bun. Like a Philly cheesesteak but with the chicken. Large portions with great flavour. The only thing not so great is the clamari. A little chewy so just avoid it. The wings are really nice and the crab puff (or whatever the real name is) is a really tasty treat. Worth a drive into town.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

the ambiance is, well, like being in a firehouse... a tad noisy... the U-shaped bar is nice and hits you as you walk in the door... food is not gourmet but consistently good...

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Food is great, always! Nice size portions. Consistently great!

2  Thank DougM1965