“Make reservations...even for a Wednesday!”

Gabriella Italian Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 584 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 January 2018

A group of twelve friends were meeting to catch up at Gabriella's on a Wednesday night. We arrived at 6:30 and the dining room was full of couples, Pennsylvania government officials, lobbyists, and families. The suggestion to make reservations in advance is a good one. After ordering well-made cocktails at the bar, we headed to our table. The dining room was noisy, but perfect for our large group.

Our server, Gina, was amazing! She went from one end of the table to the other to relay the specials, and was attentive through out the evening. It was most enjoyable. Since we had a large group, I was able to see and try many different dishes. The lasagna, "as good as my grandmother's" was a hit, and another friend stated that "the chicken Francese is the best I've ever had!" I ordered chicken Oscar, and Gina suggested fettuccine rather than capellini to hold up to the chicken. Good advice! It was perfect. Another in our group had the lobster ravioli special with shrimp and the presentation was exquisite on a long, narrow plate. There were no leftovers.

Although we were a big group and the dining room was full, our service and food was outstanding. I highly recommend Gabriella's. Everyone in our group said that they would go back. I have found many good restaurants in the Harrisburg area, but there are only a handful that rank a return visit. This is definitely on my list as one of the best.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Went here for lunch (at someone else's suggestion), it was raining and cold. I had in mind a nice hot meal, but left unsatisfied. We were seated promptly as there only 1 other table occupied, and given menus. Another man was seated next to us and spoke quietly to the server. Another group of 3 was seated nearby, and 2 more joined the first table. OK, this is a good sign food must be good. Finally, server returned with beverages an took our orders and left saying that warm bread could be brought soon. I noted the first table now had 4 men, who apparently work at different places and have lunch together. It seemed like our warm bread got lost as then 2 tables that filled after us were now eating theirs. The tabl of 4 have now been served meals. Finally, our "ration" which was something slightly larger than Olive Garden's bread stlcks appeared and the server left quickly. It was warm, but had to be the smallest "loaf" of bread I ever saw. We then noted there was no butter, but a small bottle of oil, but no grated cheese or spices. It is a small place, but where does the server disappear to so quickly? When our meals were served I noted the small serving of Lasagna, maybe 3 inches square. Two layers of pasta, with a filling that looked and tasted like hamburger, and a slice of cheese on top which was warm but not melted. The marinara sauce tasted like Hunt's tomato sauce straight from the can. My friend's calamari was rubbery and chewy, not certain what the actual dish was. Other member of our group had Linguini and appeared to be the only normal sized serving. His only comment was that it was not hot, but OK.
At this time it looked like the place was full, and of the 2 other tables I could observe it appeared the portion size was larger. Maybe it was the weather, but the impression I have is either regulars get very special service or they know which items to choose. My opinion is overpriced, mediocre taste, and service lacking. Next time I'll chose Pizza Grille (Camp Hill), Nino's Bistro, Macaroni Grill, Carrabba's or even Olive Garden

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I was very surprised to find this excellent italian restaurant in Harrisburg.
the veal was so good served with pasta.
Good selection of red wine.
We will return for sure when we head back to Florida.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

My wife and I stopped in for lunch after getting out of the airport. We were looking for an Italian place that wasn't too far and we found this place. The food and service was so remarkable that we made it a point to stop back in a week later when we were flying out.
Their bread is great and so are the entrees especially the veal dishes. Great appetizers also.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We went to Gabriella's on a Sunday night, since we learned that was their slowest night.
The dinning room is very Italian with tasteful murals on the walls of Italian scenes. The room is a good size and the tables are not crowded together. Service was prompt and efficient and the food was out of this world. I had the Veal Marsala, which was the best I've ever had. Everyone in our party was pleased with how good the food was. They also have full bar service and an extensive wine list.The restaurant is located right on route 22 in Lower Paxton Twp. and there is plenty of parking. It's a little on the pricey side, but not out of line with other fine restaurants.