“Huge beer selection, good food”
Review of Federal Taphouse

Federal Taphouse
Ranked #27 of 591 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This restaurant is able to accommodate large groups, I've been here a couple of times for work dinners. There's a huge beer selection to choose from. The food is a step above regular bar fare. The fries made in duck-fat are a must try! We sampled several appetizers, the deep-fried pierogis are a tasty twist on this popular dish. The garlic hummus was delicious, and the charcuterie board offered a nice selection. The short rib grilled cheese was comfort food at its best.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The pretzel & cheese app was delish however many in our party ordered pizza and all of them were over-cooked, the waitress was less than interested in us but the Host was very accommodating! Great environment and I had a strawberry cider that was absolutely awesome, definitely has potential if they fix some of the issues we had!!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

As others have commented, the real draw here is the beer list. It can overwhelm you. The food is just OK, and certainly not bad in any way. It's conveniently located near the parking garage so getting there is no trouble. I think this place is one of the few places in Hbg that feels like it could be in a larger metro area- nice decor, etc.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Hubby and I were checking out the area on a Saturday afternoon and stopped in for a drink; a bartender at another restaurant actually recommended this place for it's beer selection, and we were not disappointed. They have 100 craft beers on tap, so you're sure to find something you like. We had the pierogis, which are house-made and served on a generous bed of caramelized onions; all I can find are frozen pierogis, so these were a welcome delight. We'll definitely be back for dinner.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Not many taphouses have a great food menu too, but this one does. I ordered the red kale salad (yes I got a salad at a taphouse, it's called balance haha) with goat cheese, candied pecans, beets, and grilled chicken and it was wonderful!! My friend had the lobster mac & cheese - YUM! The interior is very classy and our waitress was extremely helpful.