“Food and service excellent, location deceiving”

Bankok 56 Thai Cuisine
Ranked #26 of 578 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2018

The location in town and the location (building) itself are a bit beat up BUT the inside is a different story. The food and service was excellent. We would visit again and likely be less intimidated by the location.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Bankok 56 was SO impressive! We had a GREAT experience during rush hour lunch on Friday! The one room setting was packed when we entered but we were warmly greeted and seated almost immediately! There's a very happy vibe in this restaurant! People are glad to gather here with friends, co-workers and family.....it's very noticeable and impressive. You can either choose a comfy booth or table seating and there's plenty of room for a party of 8 to 16 I'd say, which is impressive considering it's only one room!

My sweet friend and I ordered their exceptionally flavorful and clean tasting Coconut Chicken and Mushroom Soup and Pork Egg Rolls with Pineapple Dipping Sauce! Perfect amount for lunch and completely satisfying to my taste buds! We both loved it and would DEFINITELY order it again! We also ordered C7, one with chicken and one with shrimp for later. Those flavors are also a total "must experience!" Yummy X Yummy!!

This IS a hidden little gem on the corner of Paxton St. and Hudson St. even though it was voted best Thai in 2017! There's a small parking lot out front, where I DID park during rush hour on a Friday, which really impressed me but some folks chose to park along the street as well. If you are in the area DEFINITELY stop in for their great flavors and warm and welcoming hospitality whether you choose to dine in or do take-out! You'll be so pleased!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Nice little restaurant on Paxton St.
Great Curry with your choice of meat or seafood.
Several other choices from noodles over rice, etc.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

A few of my co-workers raved how good this place is and how busy it gets so it must be good. We came here for lunch on a weekday. Parking is horrible, very small lot, but we found parking on the street nearby. We were seated immediately and I ordered Drunken Noodles, which is what I get at every Thai restaurant I visit. This was the worse Drunken Noodles I ever ordered. This is supposed to be a spicy dish and it wasn't spicy at all and lacked in flavor. At other restaurants it is served with large flat noodles, this was served with long thin noodles. I asked for chicken and it barely had any chicken in it. Food was pricey for what you get. I will not be eating here again. A much better Thai restaurant isn't far from here.

1  Thank EFoxx
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Based on reviews of others we may give this another visit. We went on a Saturday night & it was quite busy. Food was good but not so much better than other Thai places that it would be the “ go to”. The three stars comes from part of our order not getting to the table. Two ordered soup that never arrived. Also the temperature was so cold that our food was cold immediately. Maybe the next visit will be in spring on a week night.