“Average Sushi Great for Lunch”
Review of Miyako

Miyako
Ranked #153 of 591 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 5 March 2015

I've been to alot of sushi places. This one ranks somethere in the very low middle range of them all. I personally wouldn't go here for dinner, but I do enjoy it for lunch. Prices are decent also...probably one of the better priced sushi places in the area, but I sometimes think that their rolls are a little smaller than most too. It's definitely worth a try if you're downtown.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

The food is mediocre at best, the waitress is the worst I have ever seen. She is slow and rude. She couldn't grasp that I wanted spicy shrimp and spicy salmon, she kept asking me if I wanted spicy sauce. Beware when you get your bill if you don't tip the terrible waitress she takes it upon herself to add one. Watch your credit card and bank statements. You never know if the sushi is truly fresh and lately after I leave I feel sick. I have been a customer for a long time, after this experience I will never go back.

1  Thank lildvl724
Reviewed 13 November 2014

I ordered a Nabeyaki Udon Soup at Miyako, thinking that it would be really tasty considering how many patrons have raved about this place. However, to my utter disappointment, it was not up to par to what I've tasted in other Japanese Restaurants. For starter, besides the udon, fish cakes and tofu were the most common ingredients in this dish, but there were none. There were no mushrooms nor carrots either. All I got was one shrimp tempura - which was not even crispy and the batter they used to fried it was not the authentic Japanese flakes so it tasted very hard. The entire soup was filled with lots of Napa Veges and chicken, but no other types of green vegestables, let alone green onions. Also, when asked the question of the difference between soba and udon noodle, the waitress looked really annoyed at us as if we were from Pluto. I would've done better if I had stayed home and made it myself.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had a great time on at Miyako - great sushi rolls, fabulous saki and fun atmosphere. Service was slow at first, especially considering we had a reservation so they knew to expect a large group in addition to regular Saturday crowds. Overall this is on our list for next year.

1  Thank Shannon M
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the sushi is great. Delicious miso soup, salad was ok but ginger dressing was good. I had a regular sushi dinner and a TNT roll. The TNT was very good. If you like spicy food, I would try it. Overall a great dinner. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Pilotjjc3

Been to Miyako? Share your experiences!