“Consistently good”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2018

This Inn certainly has history, It goes back over 300 years ! Locally it is the place to go to celebrate, either as a couple or large groups. We like the Monet dining room, It has a good food choice and always excellent service.
I highly recommend you join their dining rewards program, It sends you discounts for birthdays, flowers and dessert for anniversary + every $ you spend goes towards future money off, like all things at the William Penn Inn, they do it well.
Last night we took friends, who loved it and really enjoyed the prime rib, a great fine dining experience.

GDowling, Manager at William Penn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review, your knowledge of the Inn and our offerings is wonderful! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself last evening.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We have been here twice and each time has been such a wonderful experience. The food is great, the atmosphere is magical and it just makes you happy. It is a fine dining experience.

1  Thank Dan D
GDowling, Manager at William Penn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so pleased that you have found us!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We went to the William Penn to celebrate a family birthday. Unfortunately there was a larger private party doing the same thing. We were located in the upstairs area and the other private party was located in the a private room about 15 feet away. It is impossible to enjoy a meal when you can't hear what the people at your table are saying. The staff closed the door to the private room, but it kept finding itself open again. We got an apology from one of the staff but it was obvious that no one from the WP spoke to the party about the noise. This is an upper class restaurant so I am surprised that this was tolerated.

On the good side, the food was superb and the table service was excellent. But for the price you pay at this establishment, you should be able to expect a better atmosphere.

GDowling, Manager at William Penn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Good morning. First, let me thank you for sharing your special birthday occasion at the William Penn Inn and thank you for your kind words regarding your server, Gaige and your dinner itself. I am sorry that the exuberance of the party in the Governor's Room was distracting to you. They, also, were celebrating a special occasion - their parent's 60th wedding anniversary. The grandchildren had prepared several songs that they sang in honor of this day, and they did get a bit loud. We should have been more diligent in keeping the doors closed, but they were simply enjoying themselves. We do have several semi-private areas that you can request for a more intimate setting and it would be our pleasure to provide those to you in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Sometimes when I review a place I think of at least 1 thing that could have been better but not in this case. This was our first time here but our friends picked this place as they are regulars. Loved the charming place from the time I stepped in to this beautifully maintained historical house. We sat upstairs as that's what my guests had wanted. There was some music)harp) playing downstairs & I would have liked that better. Anyway, we made it in time - before 6:15 to get the Prix Fixe menu which was all that one could eat. I had the lobster bisque - paid extra but well worth it- main course was jumbo lump crab cake- my husband had jumbo sea scallops- which was better than mine- also I had the chocolate dessert & he had the cheesecake- which was also better than mine. Our waiter was Josh & he was patient & professional- very pleasant which is one reason for the 5 stars.

GDowling, Manager at William Penn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you so much! I am so happy that you enjoyed your first experience and will be sure to pass on your kind words to Josh and the rest of the Commonwealth Club team.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We dine at the William Penn Inn for special occasions and whenever we want to enjoy an extra special dinner. Our most recent visit was exceptional. Superb service and an outstanding meal. We enjoy dining in the bar area. Cozy and there is a harpist playing most evenings. Wonderful ambiance. Customers dressed properly. No noisy. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

GDowling, Manager at William Penn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words - I will be sure to pass on to the team!