“Lunch with Co-workers - Pros and Cons”
Review of William Penn Inn

William Penn Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Gwynedd
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Let me start by saying that I really like this place. It has a reputation for being a place for "older people". I cannot say that I disagree. At least at lunch time. That said, the food is great, the decor is very elegant, and they treat you like kings and queens! If you are looking for a yuppy restaurant, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for elegant, fine dining, then you will be very pleased. Also, there are a few options. Thursday through Sunday (I think), they open up their "tavern" room and that is less "stuffy" and still has good food. Went with a work group there once and it was nice. The Monet Room is very elegant and I love the decor! I have not been to the Commonwealth Club (room upstairs) but I hope to go back sometime and try it.

For food recommendations, in our party, someone got a Caesar Salad with Chicken and that looked large and normal. Two people got filet mignon tips and another steak dish and they looked superb!!! I got a mushroom broccoli quiche and I have to say that I would not recommend it. The chicken corn chowder soup was great though and the bread basket had fresh rolls and banana bread and for me, that is a make or break for a restaurant (the bread basket)!!

Will enjoy going again.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

William penn inn is a cut above the rest when it comes to food prep AND service we were there for lunch today with 7 friends , the wait staff moved around us as ghosts taking care of our needs while allowing our group to enjoy our time together the meals were delicious and filling

1  Thank linkphilly
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Had dinner here for the first time and it was excellent. The atmosphere is wonderful, especially during the holidays seeing the thousands of white lights and lovely decor inside. The gentleman playing a harp was a nice touch. We chose our meals from the fixed price menu, which was a reasonable price for an appetizer, entree and dessert. The service was also impeccable and we were not made to feel hurried. During the holidays, a visit to Mrs. Claus gift shop was delightful. It was small, but had several interesting gifts. Can't wait to back for dinner again.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

The restaurant is beautiful. Property is decorated with white lights on all the trees.
I took my family their hoping to have a wonderful meal. I just needed a break from cooking after 30 years. I was so disappointed with my turkey dinner. Over cooked and dry. My son a steak and my husband had crab imperial. Both agreed the food was good. The restraraunt is very old fashion and cozy. Staff was very nice
I would like to go back on a regular night hoping for a better meal

GDowling, Manager at William Penn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Please accept my apologies for your disappointing meal. I will pass your comments onto our executive chef and hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

we've been going here for several years, and we know the menu well. actually, maybe too well. we would love to see different vegetables to choose from. the current selection is tired. their appetizers, entrees, and desserts are great. now they need to revamp those vegetables. the atmosphere is vintage softly elegant, which reminds me of my long ago youth. the staff is very capable and extremely personable.

1  Thank let r
GDowling, Manager at William Penn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. I will be sure to pass your comments onto our Executive Chef and General Manager. We appreciate your candor and willingness to tell us both what we do well and what we can improve. Have a wonderful holiday!