“Portuguese Egg Tarts, Granola Bar, and Chocolate-Almond Croissant and two Large Dark Roast Coffees”

Cakes and Scones Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Greentown
Price range: US$2 - US$27
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Cakes and Scones Bakery takes great pride in having the cleanest, brightest & cheery atmosphere in the area. Please stop in and see our newly totally renovated building. We specialize in all natural, made from scratch on location bakedgoods. We are a full service bakery making everything from cookies to wedding cakes.We also offer seating. Specialty breads are made at holidays and periodically betweenthem. You may also check us out and follow us on Facebook"Cakes & Scones Bakery" for specials and events. We are located in N.E. Pa. in the Poconos. Our prices ARE higher than what this area is used to, but so is our quality. The Lake Wallenpaupack area sure deserves it.
Reviewed 23 October 2016

Dad and I wanted some coffee and a snack so we went to Cakes and Scones. The Portuguese Egg Tarts are always my favorite, but the Granola Bars are really very decadent and so good and the Chocolate-Almond Croissant was out of this world. The dark roast coffee was strong and delicious and the service so pleasant. Nice to see a good stock of cakes and cookies ready to go for people stopping in on Sunday. Congrats to the young golfer in the family too on his success, my nephew in California is an avid golfer as well. All the best to you all! Been wanting to come in ever since you were featured on WNEP 16 TV. We are so fortunate to have a quality bakery in our area!

There are newer reviews for Cakes and Scones Bakery

Reviewed 20 August 2016

On a road trip to the Poconos, we exited interstate 84 at exit 20, and looked for a place to get a cup of coffee and maybe a small bite to eat. We spotted the Cakes and Scones Bakery in Greentown PA. On entering the very cute and clean bakery the aroma was incredible. A very nice woman, who explained the various baked goods, greeted us. There was a wide assortment of delicious pastries. I had a cinnamon flaky cruller and my husband got one with cheese. They were yummy. I also had a cup of the best coffee. If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely make this a place to stop.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

There is so much to choose from at this bakery and everything is wonderfully made. But the Portuguese Egg Tarts are my favorite, also the Flourless Chocolate Torte, the Meringue Cookies, and the Cheesecake... and recently I saw their Chicken Parm Empenadas which really looked great and I will be back in to try. The coffee is excellent and they sell it by the cup or the bag for brewing at home too, seriously some of the best coffee you'll ever have. Sitting area is cozy and comfortable, clean and staff so very helpful. We love this bakery! Really nicely decorated, next time I am bringing my iPad and will take some photos.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Very friendly. I stopped in March. It was off season and
their selection was very limited, which is understandable. I will stop in as it gets closer to tourIst season to see if there is more of a selection. The scone was ok.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

Stopped in today and met Terry. She was very friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed the cheese Danish and apple turnovers we had. Also purchased several varieties of scones that were available. All very good! I would definitely recommend this bakery If you are in the Greentown area. They also sell at the Farmers Market in Stroudsburg.