All reviews waffles hollywood casino room was clean sausage would stay again nice stay close to hershey park king suite nice pool stayed here for one night breakfast was delicious cereal miles harrisburg
Reviewed 3 July 2018

This location doesn't quite live up to the Comfort Suites name. A little updating and care is long overdue. None of the exterior doors around the hotel were locked, you didn't need a key to get into any of the exterior hotel doors. Our room door was open when we got to our room, it was not closed tight. There was no water pressure in the shower and the pipes were screaming. You could not adjust the A/C in the room because you couldn't see what the buttons were, they were so worn out.
The sofa bed was terrible. Some of the bathroom fixtures were coming off the wall.

The breakfast bar was good, the kids love the waffles, but I emptied the little creamer and sugar garbage at the coffee station because it was overflowing. I also had to hunt someone down for more creamer.
It is very close to Hershey and close to a great little pizza place, but I would not stay here again until renovations are done.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the side of the highway
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
ComfortS_Grantville, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

I apologize that you encountered a few issues while staying here with us, we take feedback very seriously to improve our guests experience. We do appreciate your business and we hope you will give us another chance if you return to the area.

Jackie Smith
Sales Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Stayed at other Comfort Suites and this one was below average. The room seemed decently clean and check-in was OK. Breakfast was a nightmare. There wasn't enough food for all the guests and when I went to peak into the service room, there were boxes and garbage everywhere. Then one of the garbage cans had the lid off of it right next to the coffee and waffle makers (yuck) The floor was incredibly dirty with old stains. The tables were never wiped down. Disappointment!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Check in was cordial. I tried to call for a wake up call, but our room phone was broken. There were exposed wires. The ice machine on the third floor was broken too, as was the house phone on the wall. It appears they had renovated the room with new carpet and drapes. The bathroom had a new shower/tub enclosure that I suspect was installed over old mold as the bathroom stunk!!! The final straw was that the COFFEE POT was broken! So we left totally PO’d. It’s a good thing there was coffee at the free standard breakfast.

Room Tip: Don’t choose Room 321!
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2018

This hotel was incredibly unclean; stains on the blankets, dirt in corners, hair in the bathtub, floor seemed not vacuumed. It also seems like it has seen it's better days; molding coming off the walls, safe did not work, etc. The ice machine was broken on our floor, so we had to use the one on the ground floor every day and we had to buy breakfast anyway because the free breakfast bar was out of food. If I wasn't there with a group, I would have cancelled our stay and gone somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We generally have a positive experience at Comfort Suites locations. Sadly, this was perhaps the worst hotel experience of the last decade or so.

Many hotels are located near interstates, but seldom is noise a real issue. The sound of the traffic here made me think they must have used exceptionally cheap windows in the build. (I travel with earplugs but others in our group had sleepless nights due to the noise.)

The water pressure is almost nonexistent no matter what time of day - a feeble spray or trickle at best. And the showerheads are strangely low - I am 5'6" and had to duck under to wet my head. With a fully booked hotel, the wifi was barely functional - perhaps it would have been better with fewer guests.

The front desk staff was polite but in that frustratingly unhelpful way of outsourced overseas customer service - no real warmth or empathy and a few too many reasons why the blame for whatever is wrong lies elsewhere - perhaps even on your shoulders.

Several room appliances were not in working order when we checked in (including the phone, so we had to go down in person) and the fitness room had multiple equipment failures.

The breakfast selection was fine but items would run out and not be replenished. I did not think to go into the kitchen to let the staff know, thinking that was actually their job to check.

Eventually staff fixed the appliance issues, though we had to wait until the second day as they did not do it while we were at dinner (housekeeping can enter when room is vacant, but other staff will not?)

All in all - none of our group of 18 or so would choose to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, request a room away from the Interstate side. Even numbers face the road.