“Birthday Dinner ”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

This was a good place for a large group. Service was great. Food was good but because of party size my scallops were not as hot as I would like

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Six of us went to NYAJ's for a family celebration. The menu looked interesting. The waiter was polite but very inattentive. I ordered a salad and chicken picante. He asked if I wanted the salad first and I said I did. All of the meals came WITHOUT my salad. I ended up cancelling it. The chicken picante was mediocre but edible. However, the steak in both the steak salad and the sirloin tips (which two in our party ordered) was so tough that they couldn't eat it. The young man that the celebration was for hardly touched his meal and although we didn't request it, the waiter took it off the bill. (I'm sure he would rather have had a decent meal though.) When we were finished we waited for an inordinate amount of time to get the check but the waiter was nowhere to be seen. One of the party had to get up, go into the kitchen area, and request our check. Unfortunately, we had poor service and mediocre to poor meals. We won't go back.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I have visited this Not Your Average Joe's a couple of times, but not for Happy Hour. It was a pleasant Friday and the bar area was beginning to fill up. My fiancee and I sat at one of the booths. Unlike some locations, you don't have to sit at the bar to get the Happy Hour prices, just the bar area. Their menu was extensive and the prices reasonable. We ordered an array of appetizers and drinks are were thoroughly impressed by the food, drinks and service. A great place for any meal. Not thrilled with their website however. But that's my problem.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We had a great celebratory dinner at this restaurant last week. The service was great - our server was very friendly and gave great alternatives to some of the sides on our dishes. The dipping sauce they serve with the bread is amazing. I had the scallops and they were great with lots of flavor. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Above average food and good wait service. This is a friendly casual restaurant. This was our second visit to Not Your Average Joe’s, with the food being consistent and the wait service being slightly below the last visit.

Here is what we ordered:
• Martini, Oyster and Salad to start.
• Mustard Chicken with string beans and garlic mashed potatoes.
• Veggie Burger

We will definitely eat at Not Your Average Joe’s during our next visit to the area!!