“Best Sushi Near Wilmington”

Bluefin Sushi & Asian Cuisine
Ranked #25 of 70 Restaurants in Glen Mills
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Reviewed 22 February 2016

This is a charming little restaurant. If you are looking to dine in or take out they serve by far the best Sushi near Wilmington DE. We have been to sushi restaurants all over the east coast and it is one of our favorites and so close by! Even when we order take out the rolls are always perfect - not chewy and the cooked food is fresh and warm. The only thing that tempers my recommendation is that the last time we ordered take out the house salad was a little sparse and the Chicken Pad Thai noodles were mushy but that was the first time this happened and has not been the norm for our experience. In addition they have a BYOB policy so alas no Plum Wine if you eat in.

Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

My husband and I were dreading Christmas dinner, we both worked the night before, weren't having family and didn't feel like cooking. At the last minute we decided to try Blue Fin and are SO glad we did. The staff was very pleasant, especially Boon. He went over our questions, made suggestions and was very helpful. We haven't eaten in a lot of sushi/Japanese restaurants so don't know all of the terms. We had conch and calamari for appetizers, really good shrimp tempura and lobster rolls for entrees and a delicious mango and passion fruit sorbet dessert.
I will go back there in a heartbeat. I had read reviews that said to try the pink lady roll so I did and am so glad. Would get it again if there weren't SO many other choices on the menu. Their prices are also reasonable. And it is BYOB which is fine with us.
Thanks Blue Fin for saving our Christmas dinner.

Reviewed 4 November 2015

I had dinner here with friends The sushi was very fresh and presentation was beautiful.Definitely make a reservation, as it is not that big and very popular. Portion size of the meals was perfect, enough to feel satisfied without being so big it is overwhelming.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Ate at the bar for dinner one night, the place was very busy. Sushi was very good and the fish was very fresh. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 19 May 2015

The $8 lunch was worth that. It came with a small salad (iceberg lettuce pieces with a dressing) and miso soup. We don't care for miso soup but gave it a try--should have asked whether we could pay more and substitute a different one. (That option was not presented on the menu.) There were quite a few options, and my partner chose the red Malaysian curry and pronounced it bland.
I like shashimi and opted to pay $12 for that instead. The 10 pieces of fish came nicely presented on shredded turnip spirals with an orchid garnish--definitely a $12 presentation. However, I can't rave about the fish although I did enjoy the lunch $12 worth. I would have liked more ginger with it but our server never returned to ask how things were and I didn't feel strongly enough to seek her, so my taste buds were somewhat unstimulated.
I guess the bottom line is the lunch is worth the price but not more.