“Dinner and lunch in two days”

McKenzie Brew House
Reserve with OpenTable
McKenzie Brew House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 73 Restaurants in Glen Mills
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Enjoyed a family dinner meal and a girlfriend's lunch meal within 2 days time. A little bit noisy as we sat next to a large family gathering. Might work better if the hostess was more aware of seating arrangements. Families with children vs. older couples. However, the food was very good. The varied menu is always nice, and it was an enjoyable evening. Will return.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I like McKenzie's Brew House, great atmosphere to sit and dine the night or afternoon away. The bar area feels like a party with ample drinks and entertainment to make time disappear. I had not been to McKenzie's in quite some time and since we were going to have dinner we reviewed the menu. There are A LOT of great additions and selections to choose from no matter what your appetite. I was impressed with the variety and while one can be impressed by variety, the key to any menu item is to execute it properly. Oh, so close. I am not saying that anything is bad, by no means, but I found most of our selections on the night we dined to hit the firm middle ground of flavor, not too far left and not too far right. Everything resembles what you ordered, but lacks little bit of "hmmmph" to make it dare I say authentic or original. Kinda like trying to push a much too heavy friend over a too high fence, you might struggle to achieve that when you had such high hopes. The service is friendly and fast, the atmosphere lively and yes, it's a pub, so yeah no need to be too snobby, but just observations. One of the things we tried was the Kona Tuna Poke. Tuna could have been a bit fresher and the flavor was ok. We love Tuna Poke btw and have had it everywhere from Mexico to the Caribbean. Next up was the Blackened Salmon Asparagus Salad. Nice presentation, not bad on flavor, but they forgot the almonds on the dish and it needs them like a crazy uncle at a family gathering. The Orange Thyme Vinaigrette was really good though on the salad. Last but not least a hunky, simmering serving of the Grilled Rib Eye. Cooked to perfection, medium rare, but back to that flavor thing again. "Mr. Rib Eye, you're gonna have to show me ID that you're not impersonating a steak". Needless to say there were left overs, I don't if we've gotten to them yet, that was 4 days ago, oh the memories or lack thereof.. The beer is good, fresh and decently crafted. Given the choices of brew pubs you have in the area anyone brewing their own craft beer has their work cut out for them. Drinkable and good for the time we spent there. So there you have it. Great space to hang with friends, stick to the pub foods and enjoy yourself.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here after a weekend in Philly, Mother’s Day, so only a buffet. The line was out the door and we did not have reservations. Did not matter to staff, my husband and I got to sit at the bar. The bartender was so friendly and the hostess came over and checked on us, as the buffet line wrapped around the bar. Food was excellent, could have been a tad hotter. Perhaps the Sternos just needed adjusting. Awesome Bloody Mary; great experience.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Went to dinner here for the first time. last Sunday evening with some good friends. We had a nice table, good food and great service. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

There was a group of us of about 14. We shared some apps which were pretty good. I had the Blackened Salmon w/asparagus salad. It was huge and tasted excellent!

Been to McKenzie Brew House? Share your experiences!