“Great house in a great location.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Living Room
First Floor Bathroom
Library
Cross Fork Creek
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Silvio Di...
“Great house in a great location.”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We loved the location, loved the house, loved the chickens, loved the cows, loved Rex and Gilly (the dogs).
We came up to stargaze, which turned out to be a 50/50 success, one night being overcast but made up for the following night which was spectacular; there's really no need to go to nearby Cherry Springs State Park. Also, foliage was in full "bloom" this time of year in this part of the state, which was an added bonus.
A special thanks to Ben and Thankful, the owners. Also, the children, it was nice to see them carrying out their chores (feeding the chickens), there's hope for the future of the planet.
We hope to be back soon.
Thank you again Ben and Thankful.
Silvio & crew.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: The location of the house and beauty of the surrounding scenery.
Liked least: No live feed on the TV except for Fox News Radio.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
18 Oct 2015
We are glad you enjoyed your time on the farm. Please come again soon
God Bless
Benn and Thankful
Latoya R
Philadelphia
“Great house, Spectacular view, and Superb proprietor”
Reviewed 12 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

This is a beautiful home with lots of space. My bed was firm, but comfortable. There are A LOT of windows & only the bedrooms & downstairs bathroom have full length curtains. The living room is small for a house this size, but the dinning room is a good size & there are additional rooms downstairs that people can spread out in. This is an old farmhouse, so you can expect some additional crawly & flying guests (spiders, etc), & creaking flrs. The steps leading up to the 2nd flr are a bit high, but my mother who has difficulty walking, was able to manage them (slowly). The kitchen is roomy & has everything you'll need, minus food. Although we were given fresh vegetables, eggs, and berries. The WiFi worked fine. There is 1 TV, which shocked me for a house this size, but I would guess most people don't come to this area to stay in a watch TV. Although there are a few other properties along Short Run Road, there's very little traffic. The chickens that live near the house offer great entertainment. We were able to feed them & after a few tries, I was able to pick a few up. I don't know why, but watching the chickens run to you for food is still a very funny thing to me.

The scenery around the house is a wonderful thing, with nearby cornfields, trees, & rolling mountains/hills. There is a tower close by at another house on the property that offers great views day & night. You have to go up a steep hill to get to it. I was able to get my 2 drive sedan up & down it okay, but I was very nervous coming down. We walked up & down the hill on our 2nd trip to the tower. It gets extremely dark at night, which is why I chose this place. It's perfect for star gazing even with the naked eye. I was fortunate to see a few "shooting stars". My teenage daughter didn't appreciate the dark skies of Potter county. Although there were 2 other bdrms she could have slept in, she bunked with me. I have to admit I was a bit scared to be out at night myself, especially after we were told about the animals that occasionally roam around. It's a good distance drive to get to more populated area.

Benn, was a great host. Any issues that arose, were handled quickly. He even took the time to fix the trunk of my car, which broke and refused to close on my drive up to the farmhouse. Our family had wonderful conversations with him for hrs. He is truly a kind person and it was a pleasure to have met him. We only saw Thankful & the kids the last night of our stay & they were very welcoming.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The host and the chickens
Liked least: Lack of Curtains for windows
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$135
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing