All reviews front desk business trip soccer tournament definitely stay here again breakfast room beds were comfortable refrigerator clerk
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

With staying in hotels three or four nights every week, I would have to think I have a fairly good grasp as to what an average hotel should offer their guests. Just the basics like a soundly built room, safety, a bit of space in the bathroom, working HVAC and a little bit of comfort. Well, if this sounds reasonable to you, also, you might want to think twice about staying here. In these “freshly renovated” rooms, the ceiling had obvious cracks at the wall junction, no emergency escape map or instructions on the inside of the room, the bathroom door only cleared the tiny bathroom by 3/8”, the HVAC set at 66-degrees did not cool the room below 80-degrees with the outside temperature being 60 degrees and the chairs were extremely uncomfortable with no foot rest unless you wanted to try to put your feet fourteen inches higher onto the mattress. There are no drink or snack vending machines in the hotel but the front desk did say the CVS next door sell drinks. When we called the front desk about the issues, they would not offer to move us or fix the HVAC. Pitiful conditions and we hated our stay. We will never make the mistake of staying here ever again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dustin M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Hello Fgladfelter,

thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel. I see you had some maintenance issues with in your room. This is something we take very serious at our hotel and will have this looked at right away. On nights we are sold out it is tough to move your room. We hope this doesn't discourage you from choosing out hotel or another IHG property.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel.610-524-9000

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for 3 days in April for a business trip. Clearly my room had just, and I mean just been renovated. There was a still a sticker on the slab in the bathroom counter and you could tell the faucet had never been run before. The room was comfortable and attractive. When checking in I was VERY surprise that the clerk didn't confirm my stay or give me instructions, explain how breakfast works... enjoy my stay... --- Anyhow. Breakfast each morning was WONDERFUL!! A variety of hot and cold options and all tasty and well stocked. -- Side note- There was a large hockey team staying as well and they were all very poilte, well behaved young men and even with all those young men it wasn't breakfast chaos!! --- I'd stay again.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dustin M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Hello Brita25,

I am happy to see your were in one of our newly renovated rooms at the hotel. We take pride in our hotel and that you enjoyed everything in our hotel from breakfast and our new fitness center.
We thank you for your review of the hotel and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

They are renovating the hotel to make it better. For our 3 day stay there we were put in a newly renovated room, but the heater did not work. It was not programmed. The staff was very efficient and put us in another newly renovated room. Everything was clean and quiet. Our room was a non-smoking room and I am not sure if the whole hotel is non-smoking but it is nice not to have smoke smell in the room. The beds were comfortable but if you are a short person, a chore to get in. Was able to get on WiFi with no problems. They even had a small gym on the ground floor to use and it looks like for the summer a swimming pool. They had self serve breakfast with plenty to choose from. We did not go way hungry. Over all our stay there way really pleasent. I would recommend this for others.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Dustin M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hello dswan52,

We thank you for your review of the hotel and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I'm usually not one to write negative reviews on hotels but this is one I have to do. After a truly exhausting day of getting stuck in a Nor'easter, not being able to get home and then getting a call that my power was out, I decided to check into a hotel. All I wanted was a warm shower and warm bed for the night after being up since 5 am and working all day. I checked into the hotel around 8pm. There was just one girl working at the desk and a line of people waiting to check in. However, this didn't bother me because I knew a lot of people had power outages. When I got up to my room, I immediately turned on the heat since we were freezing in the hotel lobby from the high winds from the Nor'easter. To my surprise, the heat in my room did not work and was actually blowing cold air. I called down to the desk and no one answered. I then hit the button to call Manager on Duty and again no one answered. I left the room, went back down to the lobby and no one was at the desk. We waited for about 10 minutes before the receptionist resurfaced. I told her that my room didn't have heat and she said she would be up to check it. I found that odd because regular hotel receptionists don't leave the front desk to check the heat in a guest's room. Most hotels have a technician or mechanic on staff to do these things. However I went back up to my cold room and waited with my jacket on. After a bit, I called down to the front desk again and called the Manager on Duty (who was nonexistent that night) and no one answered. The receptionist came up to my room and checked the thermostat and she agreed it was not working. She said she would try to find someone to check it. An hour or so later, still nothing. I went back down to the desk and she said she would go up to the 4th floor to see if the technician was up there. I was confused on why she wasn't able to call him or use a walkie to contact him. She said she couldn't. This is how it works in most hotels. I used to work at one. She left the desk again to try to find someone. Meanwhile, I went back up to my room. After about another 30 minutes or so, I called down to the desk. She said she couldn't find anyone and that someone would be coming in at 10pm. A little after 10pm, I called to the front desk. Again no answer. I left my hotel room AGAIN and went down to the lobby. She said the person that was supposed to come in at 10 never showed up. I immediately went back up to my room, searched for other nearby hotels (which were mostly sold out) and found one that I really didn't want to stay in but it beat staying in a freezing cold room all night. Couldn't even take a shower because the room was so cold. To my dismay, I left the hotel late at night around 10:30pm and drove to another hotel. After I arrived at the other hotel, I wanted to cry. I literally had one of my worse days ever. All I wanted was a warm shower and bed. This hotel really needs some help. First of all, there should have been at least 2 people at the desk or on staff. I saw absolutely no staff members except the receptionist at the desk. Second, why was there no Manager on Duty? I thought hotel managers couldn't leave until they were relieved by the next manager on duty. Third, I thought hotels always had a technician on staff to fix heating, A/C, plumbing issues, etc. Fourth, why is there no system to contact the technician through walkie/phone, etc? I really didn't understand that. I can honestly say I will never stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Akieda B
Dustin M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hello Akieda,

thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel. I see you had some maintenance issues with your Hvac unit. This is something we take very serious at our hotel and will have this looked at right away. There are some nights that there isnt a MOD, just a few of our guest service representatives.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This Holiday Inn was getting an upgrade when we visited and I can see why. The hotel is pretty dated and looks worn on the inside. The decor is drab and dark, elevator is rickety, halls are loud, beds are hard. We were told we had two queen beds but they were under-sized queens or doubles (did I mention they were hard?). The bathroom was poorly designed, you could not enter and close the door unless you squeezed behind it or sat on the toilet. The shower/tub was small, as was the sink. We could hear passers in the hall much of the night. Breakfast was to be ready at 6:30am but most of the food was not out at that time. I hope the renovations improve this property significantly.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dustin M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hello FineTasteTravel,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are currently under renovations, going floor by floor. We hope you stop by again and see our new rooms.

thank you and we hope to see you again soon!