See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I am comparing this motel to MOTELS. This motel 6 is off the beaten path. It is so quiet I had a difficult time getting used to how there was no road noise or any other. Everything works in my room. Staff is friendly and professional. It is on a bus line and Philadelphia has bus passes. You will be surprised by this motel. There is a Denny’s 100 feet away. I am having a blast and furthering my education. Thanks motel 6 for leaving the light on for me !!

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came too Philadelphia for Christmas to see her father for the first time in 10 years. We stayed at motel 6 by the airport. When we walked in the room, there were 2 roaches on the bed. There were also roaches in the bathroom. I contacted the front desk and was told to talk to the manager Jackie on Tuesday, the 26th. They refused to move us to another room. We had our dogs with us or we would have gone to another hotel, but the others were out of our budget because of a $50 nightly pet fee. When my wife called Jackie about the bug problem, she got very rude and put her on the "do not rent list." We always stay at motel 6 anywhere we go. Finally, I contacted customer service and was told they would reimbursed us for 1 nights stay. Here it is 3 weeks later and still nothing. I'll never stay at motel 6 anywhere again because of this.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank irishkevin1979
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I went to complain about how they didn’t fix the toilet that the hotel manager Jackie said wasn’t clogged before we got there but yes it was then they apparently get paid but the customers have to clean it up because they get paid to do nothing and then she has no customer service skills. Apparently they hire just anyone off the street then she has the right to call you out of your name which is deformation of character.. I have stayed there a couple of times and the Manager is ignorant and gets in your face. So I know it’s cheap but you pay for problems..

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lorie w
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I stayed at this Motel 6 one weekday night, as I had to pick up my son from PHI very early in the morning and didn't want to have to leave my resort 120 miles away at 4:30 AM and drive in the dark to do so. I wanted just a cheap, clean room to stay for that purpose only, and this motel served that purpose. It is a very old motel with 4+ one story buildings throughout the property--3 being very close to I-95 and its expected "noise", including at night. I was in Rm 220 in a building close to I-95, but not as close as 2 others. It had a King bed, 36" flat screen TV, faux wood floors and very simple furnishings--typical Motel 6. My room was basically clean, though the floors could have been mopped better. I always check mattresses when I get to my room and this one appeared (thankfully) to be new(er). It looks like the room had been painted in the last year and the bathroom tub and toilet replaced. There was ample parking. The room did NOT have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot or hair dryer. They provided soap bars, but NOT shampoo or lotion--also typical of Motel 6. Check in and out was quick and friendly. They do NOT have free wifi--you have to pay $2.99 or $4.99 per day, depending on the wifi plan you want. If you need a cheap place by the airport for a day or two at most, this may work for you if you don't get one of the buildings in the back by I-95 or you aren't a light sleeper. I have pics attached.

Room Tip: To avoid I-95 traffic noise at night, try to get room where check in is at.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I didn't enjoy my stay here at all. Let's start with the most reasonable expectation, which is decent cleanliness and maintenance. I found this Motel 6 to be quite dirty. When I used towels to mop water from the bathroom floor, they were a sooty black afterward. It's like the floors here are never mopped and are that dirty. Also, there were used plastic cups under the bed. A couple of the light bulbs in the room needed to be replaced. The closest ice machine to my room was broken.

Essington, which is more like Chester than Philadelphia, is not a desirable area. This motel is located behind a Denny's restaurant and next to I-95. I didn't hear any traffic noises but didn't have a room facing the highway. I did hear every noise in the room next door including crashing noises from the pipes that woke me up at 2 AM and my neighbor walking around the plastic tub liner.

There is no airport shuttle service (that I was told about.) Although a SEPTA bus stops on the main drag near the motel, I don't know how often it comes and Industrial Highway looks like the kind of road people disappear from at night. Uber and Lyft drivers have a hard time finding the motel because it is tucked behind the establishments on the main drag.

One level motel with two or three buildings. Typical Motel 6 furnishings. Office staff was friendly during my short interactions with them.

No free WiFi.

The Heinz Nature Reserve is a short drive by car and is a decent place for walks and birding.

Unless you are looking for a road stop motel, this place should be out of the question. If you are looking for a road stop motel, I'm guessing the Red Roof Inn next door is better.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo