Red Roof Inn Erie
US$168
US$157
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
US$103
Glass House Inn(Erie)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$146
US$141
Courtyard
US$180
All reviewsmcdonald's breakfastsuperior king roomlaminate floorsfree breakfastfront deskegg mcmuffinroom was cleandesk areaoff the highwayfirst floorwould stay here againmini fridgeparking lotstaff was very friendlypresque islepleasant staygreat room
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Clean, cable, wi-fi, fairly quiet..what more could some ask for under $50? Would come again...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

I thank you for your short and sweet review of our hotel. You were honest and right to the point. I also like to keep things simple and easy. That's why we like to keep our focus on clean rooms and great hospitality. I thank you for your time and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Since i always stay at Red Roof Inns when possible, my reviews will basically reflect the differences between each Red Roof I stay in, and not so much how they compare to other hotel chains. So....Erie's Red Roof is right off the interstate, which I found convenient, and close to presque isle downs & casino. My room was clean and newly renovated, with a comfy bed. The design of the second floor, where my room was, had all of the rooms along a long indoor corridor, which actually felt a little safer to me than the normal layout of rooms accessed straight from the parking lot. Friendly staff at checkin and checkout. Breakfast vouchers for the McDonalds next door, nice touch. Overall good stay.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Red Roof Inn family. I love seeing other people who share a passion for our hotel. I am happy that you found our hotel to be so conveniently located and pleasantly designed. We have a great staff working here and they all relish any time they are recognized on the mighty Tripadvisor. Once again I thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Stayed because of good review on Tripadvisor. Room was recently updated with new decorating, flooring, furnishings, and bath fixtures. Desk staff (Shayne) very helpful. Rate included breakfast at adjacent McD's. Overall, a good value.

Room Tip: Side opposite I-90 was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

I am glad that people are actually reading the reviews our guests are submitting to tripadvisor. I personally respond to every email, survey or review that is sent to us and it is always refreshing to hear that our feedback is well received. Thank you for complimenting our new renovation as well as our Front Desk Staff Shayne. She goes out of her way to help our guests in need and loves having her actions recognized online. Lastly thank you for saying that we a good value for a hotel. We strive to be the best in our community and your responses helps us get the word out!

Reviewed 9 May 2012

First let me say that I am writing this review during my stay so that everything is fresh. I have nothing negative to say about the hotel or its staff, but I do want to make other travelers aware of certain things regarding its locaton. I'll get to those shortly.

My experience began well before my trip, as I had to contact the hotel regarding their pet policy. I am traveling with my wife and two small dogs, and the policy sates one pet per room. However, I was told that since my dogs are small this was not a problem. That was confirmed upon check-in.

When I checked in I found thatI had mistakenly booked only a standard room with no fridge or microwave, but since no standard rooms were available at my arrival I was upgraded for free. I was given an upstairs room which was a plus since the only the upstairs rooms have interior corridors. The hotel has been so recently renovated that the "new" smell still lingers strongly in the air, but not so strongly that it upset my wife's severe allergies. When we opened the door, we were surprised that rather than being covered with new carpet, as in the hallways, the room floor had been covered in a wood laminate, which again is extremely favorable to my wife given her allergies. Everything in the room is clean and neat, including and especially the bathroom, and the room has been painted in a very pleasant red-on-cream neutral scheme. Our dealings with the staff have been limited but pleasant. They offer no continental breakfast but do offer a voucher for free selected value meals at the McDonald's which abutts the property. The biggest plus is the fact that all rooms are smoke-free, and substatial penalties are in place for violating this policy to the tune of several hundred dollars. Smoking is permitted on the grounds, and we did see a few guests smoking outside of open room doors. Why they would leave the door open we do not know. I guess it's true: you can't fix...

The only problems I have with the hotel are regarding its location, and only because I did not read the description clearly. First, our main objective is to visit Presque Isle State Park. The hotel is across the street from Presque Isle Downs which I mistakenly thought was right by the park. In reality, the park is 10 miles away which means 20-30 minutes driving depending on traffic. Also, the hotel is literally right off Interstate 90. Our room is in the back so we only hear the noise from the interstate if we are outside walking mainly around the front of the building. I am not sure what the front room experience might be like, so I throw this information out there in case someone finds it useful. The biggest drawback to the property itself is the lack of picnic tables. We will have to carry our food and portable grill with us to the park in order to have an area to use them.

All in all, our experience has been pleasant so far. Due to its distance from Presque Isle State Park it is unknown whether we will stay here again, but for travelers where the driving time is either not a consideration or is acceptable, I would recommend this property.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back definitely have no interstate noise; I don't know about front rooms.
1  Thank nature-seer

Let me first start by saying how grateful I am that while you would have preferred to be closer to our state park that you were nonetheless satisfied with your stay. We try our hardest to win over travelers who are unsure of Red Roof's or who are first time stayers. It also makes me happy to hear that you liked our renovations in the rooms. I agree with you that the laminate flooring was a needed touch to bring the cleanliness of our hotel to another level. And in regards to our lack of picnic tables I would like to mention that we now have a few along our exterior as well as a few more benches for our guests.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

we stayed here on friday may 5 with our two dogs and we were very surprised with the rooms and staff. The staff were fast and pleasant, we were checked in and in our room in minutes. The rooms are remodeled and super clean and modern (no more dirty carpets like other motels) this is so nice.Room has fridge microwave safe and flat screen tv and pillow top beds that are nice and comfy. I would recommend this place to everyone. McDonalds breakfast is included.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for staying with us and allowing us the privilege of serving you. It always makes me proud to hear when our guest's tell us that they are surprised at the quality of our hotel. My whole staff has been working extra hard to keep our new found status as the number one hotel in Erie. I am glad that you enjoyed the renovations that we made to the hotel. I am also very grateful for your recommendation of our hotel as well. We look forward to seeing you again!