All reviews tent camping amusement park sound of the waves picnic tables lake erie presque isle drive through window camp office bathrooms and showers summer weekends labor day hot water road trip water park peninsula units walmart
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Stayed on the RV side (near restaurants). The owners have definitely put some money into this campground. The RV pads are all paved, which is very nice. They are swept prior to your arrival. The public beach is right across the street and very clean. The camp is very close to stores and activities, so if you forgot anything, you're in luck. Really helpful staff as well.

My only complaint is once the park filled on the weekend. Then it just seemed overcrowded and loud. Too many cars per site as well.

All in all, really a great place. We'll do our best to come during more weekdays though. That seems to be the best.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently for one night and camped on the beach in a tent with my boyfriend. Check in was very quick and easy and then we were able to set up anywhere along the beach. We checked in on a Monday morning while many people were leaving so we got a front view of the lake! The beach itself was very clean and so were the bathrooms and its showers. The campground is right next door to an amusement park and a few restaurants which is very nice. It did thunderstorm throughout the night while we were there so make sure you tie down your tents! Overall, a very nice stay and we're looking forward to going again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sara Z
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We went to Presque Isle for the day and read about Sara's. It's a must when in the Presque Isle area. We are so glad we stopped by. Friendly service, great hotdogs, and fun atmosphere. Will definitely be going back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Great area to rest up on vacation. Everyone is super friendly. Bathrooms and showers are open all the time and relatively clean. Close to the beach and amusement park. I would recommend this campground if your looking for something with not a lot of hustle and bustle.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Let me just tell you how nice this campground is! The office staff was super friendly and everything was well-kept. I wasn't sure how it would be camping on the "beach" with my 6 year old son and three teenage boys, but it was AMAZING!!! We got to be UNPLUGGED! The boys really enjoyed skipping stones that caked the ground near the water. Then they used the stones to spell their names on the beach. They all wanted to keep some of them because they loved them so much and each stone had their own colors, shape, and personality. We ate our dinner at the picnic bench while the sun was setting on the Lake Erie horizon. So many great pics! We made a bonfire and had s'mores. Oh! AND we all slept in until 8:00!!!! I think it was from the sound of the waves crashing.
The MOST incredible thing is that I FORGOT MY ENTIRE BAG OF TOILETRIES, JEWELRY, AND MAKEUP!!! We were in the middle of our road trip and ladies, I HAD NOTHING! I called the office from Pittsburgh and explained the situation to Sandy. SHE WAS WONDERFUL!!! By the time I got home from my trip, she had mailed me my whole bag. I am very grateful!! I would love to go back and visit!!!!

Room Tip: Get there early to reserve a spot for your tent!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family