All reviews tent camping amusement park sound of the waves picnic tables lake erie presque isle drive through window camp office bathrooms and showers summer weekends labor day hot water road trip water park peninsula units walmart
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

We have camped at Sara's campground before and it's still an amazing time. This is a unique camping experience and if you love the beach just as much as camping you'll have an incredible time. The sunset is like one you would see in the Caribbean. Beautiful. Located just outside the entrance to Presque Isle State Park (11 beautiful beaches) there are two campgrounds; one is wooded and more for campers/rv's and the other is across the street. It's the main office and where the beach camping is. It's approx $30/night and worth every penny. There are no reservations accepted so if you want a spot on the beach I would arrive on a wed morning. If you arrive on the weekend it will most likely be full. There are electrical hook-ups so bring a long extension cord. There are picnic tables and fire rings as well. Make sure you have tent stakes because some days are quite breezy. We like to spend the entire day and night at the beach and then watch the sunset with a beach campfire going. The water is crystal clear. There are no lifeguards as this is private so watch little ones. The beach is rocky though so wear your flip flops. The camp store also has everything you could need if you forget something. Just love it here. Enjoy!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

I camped here for 3 nights while working in Erie. I chose to stay here in a tent versus a hotel in order to save money ($90 per night in a hotel vs 3 nights in the campground for the same price). I literally only slept here, leaving by 7am and not coming back until 9:30 or 10pm. The staff was very helpful. I got to the area around 9am which is check-in time. I called the campground number and was told to find a spot and if I find one vacant, I need to take it and set up my tent or else I wouldn't find anything later in the day (she gave me the site numbers where tents are allowed). I set up my tent and headed to the office across the road to pay for my site. There I got a sticker to put on my tent pole and a placard to hang in my car. I liked my camping spot. It was a short walk to the restrooms/bathhouse. Be sure to bring your quarters for the shower as cold water is free but if you want a warm shower, hot water costs 25 cents for 5 minutes of hot water. Overall, I liked my stay at Sara's campground!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

The office worker who checked us in was very rude and unnecessarily sarcastic. Check in was really rushed almost like we were a burden on her. We had to figure out most of the rules and regulations ourselves including where to park and where the bathrooms were. When we tried to ask questions her responses were snippy and short. But, once we were on the sand we completely forget about her. The view was incredible. Kind of cramped but really friendly guests. The view and sunset was out of this world. We had a lot of fun skipping rocks and swimming. Firewood was sold for $5.00 a bundle. Having a fire on the beach was a really unique experience. The bathrooms were very clean. Hoping to come back in the fall.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bri T
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Location at mouth of Presque Isle s.p. cannot be beat. Can easily reach the trail that runs around the Peninsula from campground. On site restaurants (pizza place, retro diner, cheap grub stand). The camp is split by the 4 lane road into the park. Beach side is more popular with tenters looking for a party. The other side has a lot of permanent sites. We were located just behind the fence that backs the diner, which was pretty noisy during the day and evening. The site was extremely close to our neighbors (between our picnic table and the next camper was only about 3 feet) and we had difficulty parking our car within our site. There are cement pads which makes leveling easy and keeps feet clean. There is no grass, mostly all of the sites are gravelly around the pad (it appears there is a puddling issue after rain...but I prefer the stone to mud).
There is a tiny playground, but it's unfortunately located in a mudpit.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2016

We got into this campground very late and just about missed the office closing! The young guy behind the counter was VERY nice and courteous and advised us towards a tent site next to the RV's rather than the beach because it was windy that night.
The bathroom next to the office, near the beach was disastrous and the shower facility was completely shut off.
When we crossed the street and went to our sand site however the bathrooms were a little bit of a easy walk to, but were WAY better!
There is a lot of families and sites right next to each other but with such awesome beach access it's hard to complain!
Again - the customer service even though we were so late and last minute was probably the best and most welcoming we had during out 2 week trip!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family