“Best perch in Erie”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Not far off Hwy. 832 which goes right into Presque Isle Park
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

A fisherman said that Serafini’s served great perch so we tried it. It came with a delicious salad and a side of homemade pasta and maranara sauce. I ordered two appetizers, fried smelt and sausage and melted cheese stuffed banana pepper.

Perch was thick, breading was light and the taste was out of this world. Best I have ever tasted. Appetizers were wonderful. The stuffed pepper was a real treat. The hot sausage was excellent and worked well the cheese and pepper.
Maranara sauce was a little sweet for me but my wife who is from Erie said that people in Erie like it sweet.
The Italian dishes looked great and all the prices were moderate.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Serafinis was recommended to us, by Kayla, a wound care specialist! On our 1st try, we couldn’t locate it; since it sits back! Becky had the sampler platter for One! It included a delicious meatball, Italian sausage, & a variety of pasta! I had the succulent broiled seafood platter, with homemade Fagioli soup, & a side of spaghetti! I also had Moscato! Becky thought the sauce was Better than hers!!She bought a container to go, which includes “their world famous bread” & cheese! The To-Go Guy was adorable! Becky had enough leftovers to make her husband estastic! We did take our leftover bread home, too! It’s a lovely, romantic place; but I was with my sister!!

1  Thank Kathleen B
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Veal Parm is the best, it covers the entire plate! The sauce is #1. Try the gnocchi instead of spaghetti, they’re both homemade but I love the gnocchi!!!

1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

There were six of us for dinner tonight. We all enjoyed our time at Serafini’s! Andrea was our waitress. She was excellent!! The bread was the best! ( I’ve heard it’s from International Bakery). Extra was brought on our request. The salad had garbanzo beans, olives and tomatoes! We always enjoy perch when in Erie. The perch in the dinner was plump and the light topping was delicious! And, it came out piping hot. I was torn between ordering a pasta dish or the perch. Spaghetti was a side choice. So I was able to enjoy the perch and the spaghetti!

Our entire table was served in a timely manner. Everyone received their meals at the same time even though a number of different entrees were ordered.

The restaurant was busy and everyone was enjoying themselves. The food was plentiful and delicious! And the service was top notch!

1  Thank winepourer
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

1st visit. Locally owned. Recommended by the hotel. Very nice mid priced restaurant. Great selection of pastas as well as seafood dishes and more. You won’t leave hungry. I had The broiled seafood platter and o my was it good. A house salad, side dish, and bread was included. I had a cold one of draft Stella to wash it down. Big wine selection as well. Nice place I would recommend and go back if in town!

Been to serafini's? Share your experiences!