“Much needed in Ephrata.... then gone”

La Promesa Spanish Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 78 Restaurants in Ephrata
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This little restaurant in downtown Ephrata made the BEST rice I ever had.... I ordered from there at least once a week for the entire time it was in our town.... then all of a sudden, it was gone.... sign on the door said to check Fb.... which I have... continuously... but i dont speak or read Spanish so I have no idea when or where they will resurface.... very very sad...

1  Thank Suesan S

Reviewed 18 May 2017

I was on my way to a burger joint up the road, and I saw La Promesa, so I stopped and went inside. I'm glad I decided to stop in. The food was really good. It tasted like home cooking. The folks working there seem like a family, and they're really friendly. Spanish is their native language, but we did just fine with English. I ordered Locrio (yellow rice and chicken with vegetables). It was like a paella with chicken instead of seafood. Wow! The portion was huge and the food was delicious. As I said before, it tasted like home cooking. Price was good too. For a huge plate of food the price was $10. It could have fed two people. I'm looking forward to going back and trying other things off the menu. Awesome!

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

They have amazing food and are always friendly! I love the avocado salad and empanadas!! We come here almost weekly for lunch with friends who enjoy every min of it!

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Wow this was great. Stopped in with my vegan son. We both had plenty to choose from on the menu. Everything we got was great. Sure glad we stopped in.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I love coming to this place.. the atmosphere is very pleasant and I always get served by the owner which makes extra especial! The ladies are friendly and nice.. on thing to have in consideration is you'll get the typical waiting time as if you were in central or south America.. so if your going there in a rush not a place for you!
The food in excellent and i think the prices are reasonable! Great place for children too! Recommended!