“Nafisa”

Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Enola
Price range: US$16 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tucked intimately into the Enola hillside, Tavern on the Hill is just 10 minutes across the river from Pennsylvania's Capitol Complex. Warmth emanates from the double glass doors, inviting you inside for a welcoming and intimate experience complete with the finest delicacies, craft cocktails, and exceptional service. Our eclectic menu features top quality meats, fresh, and sometimes rare seafood that is delivered fresh daily and skillfully-prepared. Our highly trained dining room and kitchen staff work together to provide you with an upscale, personal, and flawless dining experience . In addition to our regular menu, the Tavern offers a Blackboard Specials Menu. These featured items are hand-picked daily by our Executive Chef. Blackboard Specials may be hard-to-find delicacies such as exotic seafood or fish from halfway around the world, or a special cut of prime grade meat prepared in an uncommon way and/or with a delightful sauce using rare ingredients.
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I have always enjoyed my numerous visits to The Tavern. Once again friendly welcome. Seated quickly. Lovely bar staff. My friend ordered the brisket and absolutely loved it. I ordered from the specials board. Hake with pesto potatoes and olives. Unfortunately it wasn't upto scratch. Under seasoned and tastless. However the Manchester tart was lovely. Service excellent. I would go again because I've thus far always had very good food.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank lappiloo

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Had the pleasure of visiting the Tavern on the Hill for a business presentation. It was a pleasant venue, bent on customer service and it provided a meal that did not disappoint. Their seafood fare was top notch - buttery, high quality, amazing catch where each bite melted in your mouth. Accompanied with a unique local salad, it made for a wonderfully healthy meal.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Our party of ten people were there for a birthday party dinner on Saturday June 23,2018. It was a very disappointing experience. It was not only a birthday celebration but a very special one--75th birthday (for me) and several people were from out of state. For myself they did not have the salmon and other entrees were not available to some others in our party. The reason given--the restaurant would be closed the following week for the owners' overseas vacation so they were not well stocked. Of course, they did not tell us of that fact when we made the reservation. Further, when the salmon was not available, the waitress suggested another entree (crab stuffed shrimp) which was not very good. Even my dessert choice (carrot cake) was not available. We had been to this restaurant before and it was ok. I might add that other than saying they were sorry about the menu choices they offered nothing--not even a free dessert. And actually rating they as poor was probably generous. If you are looking to celebrate a special occasion, do not go to Tavern on the Hill.

1  Thank corplimit
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I like this place. It has a nice atmosphere and a good variety of menu options and they have changing dinner specials. And our server was very personable.

They were out of a LOT of things tho. They were out of several of the appetizers (even the specials) and the entrees and even desserts. So that was kinda annoying.

And the food is good but nothing extraordinary. I got the Chicken Cabrese over the Eggplant and it wasn’t as fresh / tender as I expected. But they definitely have a great Greek salad which is huge. Portions are huge!

The baklava cheesecake was disappointing, however.

Pretty good wine list. Full bar.

I will definitely try it again and maybe try something different. I hope they aren’t “out of” so many menu items next time.

1  Thank katherineb463
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Such a wonderful surprise to find Genie back on the bar when I came in. She said only Wednesday she works and introduced me to Jennifer and John? Regular fans of soft shells and her. I once was a regular on Friday but being a widower I felt alone the last few times I came in but now I am set every Wednesday I am in town!! Best bartender and conversationalist I enjoy her energy and service!!!

2  Thank John L