“Chicken&waffles!”
Review of Alamo Restaurant

Alamo Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Elysburg
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I love the chicken & waffles at the Alamo. Two things you think that would be weird together and they just taste so perfect together. I never got anything else here and I've been coming here for at least 25years. The wait may be long if you go in on busy days and times. Service is average. Place is clean. They take pride in their jobs. I appreciate that. I would come back and I have recommended this place to many of people!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

the food here was great and inexpensively priced. The kids loved it and so did we. the service was exceptional and the had absolutely the best hot beef platter I have ever had!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We love this Diner type restaurant. Every visit to Knoebels for the past 15 years we have eaten here on our last day. The kids can't wait to go and always make sure that we don't skip it. It's like home cooking to them. The portions are large and we never had a bad meal. Never a wait but we always go when it opens on a Sunday for lunch. An absolute must if you're at Knoebels Amusement Park.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Great food and friendly swift service. Always a clean restaurant. Waitresses are pleasant and fast. Good is always fresh and hot. Plenty if food and tasty too.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We were on our first visit to Knobles. This place had pretty good reviews so we figured we would give this place a try. The fact that it was air conditioned was a plus. We should of suspected this place was going to be a disappointment when they treated you like you were at a deli and had to take a number. After a half hour wait we were able to get in. For some reason they had a line out the door but half the tables were left open.
The menu offers allot of comfort foods. I ordered the burger which was okay but the bottom bun was flat and soggy and looked like melted cheese. My wife ordered the chicken pot pie. We would describe it more like a casserole than a traditional chicken pot pie. There was no crust on it, barely and chicken, no vegetables, noodles, and some sort of cream of chicken soup. Now to the outstanding service. Our server was standing around the entire time we were there. Our server was outstanding in every corner of the restaurant and only came over to our table to take our order, deliver our food, and drop off the check. It got to the point we had to get our own drinks or else we wouldn't of had anything to drink.
If we can recommend one thing it would be to fire or retrain the manager there because they seem to have no idea on how to run a restaurant.

Been to Alamo Restaurant? Share your experiences!