All reviews french room elizabethtown college homemade granola local holiday inn express breakfast was delicious stayed here great shower gracious hosts bottled water two nights would stay here again other guests ann masons slippers bedroom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We were in Elizabethtown along with other family members celebrating my parent's seventieth wedding anniversary, so all of the rooms were occupied by family members. It was as if we were in our own home. Ann and Dave were great, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfasts were fantastic. We especially enjoyed sitting on the wonderful porch which had more than enough rocking chairs to go around. One morning Ann even invited my parents to join us for breakfast. This will certainly be our place to stay for future trips.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kathryn S
Reviewed 20 May 2012

My daughter has attended Elizabethtown College and has celebrated her Graduation this past weekend, we enjoyed our stay in the French Room and Garden room. My family and I were so pleased with our stay. The owners Anne and Dave take lots of pride in their B & B and have such an eye for detail along with great taste in decorating. Anne sets an elegant and beautiful table, and offers a delicious breakfast. Hershey and Lancaster is a short distance away,and the countryside is lovely. I have had quite a few stays at this property and always have left happy. Although my daughter has graduated I hope to return to Amanda Gish House and will most certainly recommend it.

Room tip: The Garden Room is Beautiful and has a Large bathroom with whirlpool
Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank liketravelLongIsland
Reviewed 27 April 2012

After a hectic 2 weeks of work in Washington DC & New York, this was the perfect place for rest & relaxation! The beautiful accommodation, great breakfasts & spectacular hospitality of our hosts gave us all a wonderful experience! The Garden room was gorgeous with a lovely bathroom, attached. Ann was the best tour guide & made sure we saw the places we wanted in out short time available. Thank you for the great experience!

Room tip: The Garden room has a lovely huge bathroom attached with additional shower - great for a family.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank A G
Reviewed 15 January 2012

If you're in Lancaster County PA and want a lovely, Victorian B&B at a reasonable price, check out the Amanda Gish house. It's located between Hershey and Lancaster. The food is delicious and the rooms are lovely. Ann & Dave, the proprietors, are very knowledgeable about the attractions in the area as well as great hosts. I've stayed in all 3 guest rooms, and like them all for different reasons. The Garden Room is the largest and best. It has a spacious area for sitting and a huge bathroom with stall shower and a jacuzzi tub, plus double sinks. The French Room is a good size, but lacks usable seating, so it really is a bedroom, but has a lovely bathroom. The Rose Room is about the same size as the French Room, but you have use the bathroom located in the hallway, which is private. The parlor is very nice and cozy and good for sitting and reading. Each room has been updated recently with DISH network and flat screen TV. I visited there several times as my mother was a resident of the nearby Masonic Village until her passing in late December. I felt such warmth during my visits here and knew that Ann & Dave really cared about my well being. I can't say enough about the experience I have had there. You can tell that Ann & Dave love being hosts of a bed & breakfast. I highly recommend this B&B!

Room tip: Go with the Garden Room for the best experience, although all three rooms are clean & comfortable.
Date of stay: December 2011
2  Thank Gallagherbeth
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We've stayed in numerous B & B's, hotels, timeshares, etc. but the Amanda Gish House exemplifies perfection! It's clean, Ann and Dave are perfect hosts, food is delicious and decor is impressive. Our son goes to Etown and if we can't stay here (because we waited to long) we get very disappointed.

Room tip: Any room is perfect!
Date of stay: April 2011