All reviews catch and release indoor pool fire truck ride convenience store laundry facilities scheduled activities an ice cream large sites paddle boats general store ceramics racquetball bingo privacy gravel weekends gps
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Amazing campground. The location is beautiful and the lake is beautiful. Great fishing and inexpensive boat rentals. The problem was that "quiet time" was not enforced at all. While we were there, one site had a laser light show that lit up the entire back of the campground. The same site also played very loud music with heavy bass that gave us all a headache after a few hours. This went on until at least 12:30 AM every night and no one on the staff seemed to think it was a problem. Another site had drunken, screaming, underage kids up all night shouting at each other. I’ve been to other campgrounds and this kind of behavior was not tolerated. My family was exhausted after a few days of this. Basically, my campground was lit up from dawn until after midnight every night by other campers and it was like camping in the middle of a rave.

When we arrived we were so excited by the beauty of the campground… then we spent the next few days stressed and tired.

I saw another review that mentioned the guy with the metal detector. He checks out all vacant sites early in the morning. It's really annoying to hear him beeping and digging right outside of your tent.

I will probably try Otter Lake again, but I will go with the understanding that most likely, I won't get much peace, quiet or darkness. I really hope that the owners start paying attention to the late night issues at the campground and fix them.

Room Tip: Stay away from the tent sites. They cater to the lowest denominator of camper. It seems that multiple sites are often rented to large groups and if you happen to be near them, they will act like the entire road is theirs and YOU are an unwelcome interloper. The RV sites were much quieter and the people there much nicer.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MrStiggs
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second time at Otterlake. It is a very nice canpground. I wish they would let people use golf carts. There are a lot of seasonal campers who use their car to get around making a lot of traffic on the road ways. Also wish the pools had better hours.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Momof3ana
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The sites are very tight to get into if you have a big rig. Nice beach. One big problem I did not like was when I got up early in the morning usually around 6:30-7:00 to take our two dogs out there was this guy in our camp site with a metal detector right up next to our camper 2 out of the 4 days we were there right at our door when I opened it I didn't know if he was looking in the windows or what. So I told him to get lost. It seemed like he was a seasonal camper. I reported it but they acted like the did not care. Otherwise our site was quiet and peaceful. Roads are in very bad shape getting to the campground. Would not go back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rwmurphy
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very Clean, beautiful area, great lake, no fireworks for the July 4th weekend and no one knew why? No adult activities unless you like to fish or boat, A suggestion would be to open the pavilion at night have a DJ and give the adults time to mingle. Having a restaurant on site would also be nice. The size of the campsites were the best in PA.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniel J
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Otter Lake Camp Resort is a large campground in a well forested area providing shady campsites along Otter Lake which allows for some good fishing. The campground has all the amenities one would normally expect at a campground and then some including water, electric, sewer and cable hook-ups, reliable Wi-Fi, an outdoor and indoor pool, sandy beach and lake swimming, boat rentals, shuffleboard, ball courts, a ball field, planned activities in the summer, a couple laundry mats, several bathhouses with flush toilets and hot showers and a reasonably well stocked camp store. Of course with so many amenities, the cost is higher than most campgrounds but in line with the services provided and very popular with families so don’t expect a quiet and secluded campout in the woods especially during weekends and the peak of the summer season. Fishing in Otter Lake is surprisingly good either from a boat, one of the docks or even right from the shore. A fishing license not required but the lake is catch and release only. Besides plenty of the usual bluegills, there are a surprising number of good sized bass that can be caught right from shore and a few pickerel. Earthworms are very effective in catching bluegills but if you are out to hook bass, use minnows as virtually every bass that I caught or saw others catch (literally dozens over six days) was on a minnow. One word of caution on getting to the campground; when approaching from the west or north, most mapping sites and GPS’s send one onto I380 then to routes 940, 191 and 447 to approach from the northwest. Do not go this way; there is a bridge out on 447 and it is very difficult to turn around towing to take the detour and once around the detour there is a long stretch of road that is very narrow, with sharp curves and steep hills. Instead, follow I80 to exit 309 and follow US 209 to Seven Bridges Rd into the town of Marshalls Creek where you take Marshalls Creek Rd the last seven miles (11.3k) to the campground. While Marshalls Creek Rd is narrow, curvy and hilly, it is far better than the northwest approach. We had a great time camping here and exploring the Delaware Water Gap area and if we come back this way in the future, we will look forward to staying again at Otter Lake.

Room Tip: Sites PT1 and PT2 are nearly lake front at regular price.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family