“Nostalgic Visit”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Thai
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Shangrila is an Asian Fushion, Sushi bar and full bar restaurant, Opening its doors in 2001, We offer wide variety of Chinese, Japanese, Thai dishes, and excellent Wines. The chefs at Shangrila have created a Unique blend of innovative Pan - Asian cuisine and fresh high quality creative Sushi, It's the best restaurant in this area for sushi lovers.
Reviewed 10 July 2017

having moved away from the area, I returned after nearly 18 years with trepidation of what I would find. While the decor /ambiance is not as good as when it had first opened, the food was still tasty and a step above the usual Asian restaurant food. Service was still excellent, e.g., my soda/water was immediately replaced when finished. I am glad to have returned and will do so again.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Went with my family and had a great dinner. I wand surprised because was empty but the food was excellent. The waiter was very nice and made us feel very well.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

I'm a big fan of sushi and this is a great spot in Devon. They serve sushi and all kinds of Chinese food as well. They have great rolls and never seems to be too crowded.
I've been here with coworkers and solo, both have been very enjoyable. What I really like is the ability to sit down, order a couple of rolls and not rush, yet still be finished within a half hour - very efficient for a lunch break at work!
I'm becoming a regular here!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Even having worked in the area for 24 years, I visited for the first time last week. Granted, it was for a professional seminar lunch and one does not expect exemplary cuisine at such events but, as there were only 20 of us, I thought that delivery of product was far substandard. The two choices of appetizers were served after an uncommonly lengthy wait and the piecemeal entrees arrived up to 30 minutes apart. Some had finished while others had yet to be served.

Overall quality was fair by Asian-American standards. The first course carrot dressing was tasty but sparse on the room temperature salad of chopped iceberg with small chunks of hothouse tomato. However, I observed several unfinished miso soups going back. It was also my first experience with rubber chicken of the Chinese persuasion as some pieces of my General Tso's were overdone and too tough to cut by fork. The sauce was acceptable and the plating quite attractive with the carved veggie garnish. Our harried waitress did her best and the bus waiter very attentive to water refills and plate clearance.

I'll always give a place a second chance but the lunch was so extended, many had to leave during the ensuing presentation and were not able to network afterward. Those planning luncheon seminars may wish to consider elsewhere if time is of the essence.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

This is one of our favorite restaurant. We often visit for the lunch combos. The place is very neat, beautifully decorated, spacious and formal. It is quiet and offers great food and service.
The food is nicely spiced, tasty however I feel the portions are a bit small. We love the Thai fire pot soup.

1  Thank Ashley B