Review Highlights
Nice place to stop for a pic

If you are interested in seeing rocks this is the place to visit. You only need to spend 15 mins... read more

Reviewed 17 September 2018
nathans1234
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
via mobile
A must see if you like rocks!

This was a spur of the moment visit. My brother and I were road tripping and wanted to break up the... read more

Reviewed 16 September 2018
ukmattyc
Timnath, Colorado
via mobile

All reviews short hike concession stand caves moss forest stroll volunteers trees
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Always wanted to see these rocks and they were worth the trip. How they all came about is amazing and my wife and I felt as though we were walking through an enchanted forest. Very nice place for a short hike.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Joe K
Reviewed 11 September 2017

First FYI the trails do not lead to the rocks. The site is not marked well. Go to the second parking lot and you will be right beside the rocks. You can enter the walking tour there. If you park at the first lot where the amphitheater and concession stand is go to the far right of the side the lot go across the grass. That will only put you on top of the rocks. This is a very neat place. Not handicap accessible. No fees here absolutely free. Have fun.

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank 981keithy
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Traveled over 100 miles and found it worth it! The drive itself was gorgeous, everyone is very friendly; we pulled over to take pictures and everyone driving by waved to us. Be careful as you do enter Amish country so there are horse & buggies sharing the road.
The rocks are amazing and it's easy to stay by the trail. With the heavy moss it does get slippy so definitely wear shoes with good traction. It's a fun place to explore, my family enjoyed the afternoon.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank kellysJ6894BX
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The area is very quiet and serene. The rock formations are absolutely exquisite. I took so many pictures. There were so many unique features...the colors and shapes of the rocks. There was even a little snack bar that was open. The Porta-Potty restrooms were clean. The bugs were not bad at all. We did not see any snakes or any animals except chipmunks. We heard some black-throated green warblers. We saw a Dark-eyed Junco and a Hermit Thrush. This would be a half decent place to go bird-watching. This is a must-see attraction if you are in this area. We drove almost a half hour to get there' and it was well worth it! I would definitely go back again. It does not require any skill to walk around and see the beautiful rocks. You can walk on top of them, or walk around the bottoms. make sure you bring your camera. There is a donation box for your admission. The area is taken care of by volunteers only. I talked to one Gentleman on the phone who was very friendly and helpful!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This was a nice little park. Appears like there is plenty of primitive camp sites with PotaPotties. Seems as though this place could use a little updating. Trails were a little hard to decipher on the sign at the parking lot, but once I got to the rocks area it was pretty interesting. The entrance is free, but donations boxes are available.

Date of experience: August 2017