Hotel Crittenden(Coudersport)
All reviewsthe barncherry springsbreakfast was deliciouseach morningb bsget awaygift shopliving roomfull kitchenfriendly hostsfirst floorscreened porchstayed longera wonderful place to staymilky waycountry stylegod's country
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Off the beaten track but worth the drive. Very comfy and cozy. We were in the house and our only complaint was some truck noise just before bed time . The setting otherwise was absolutely wonderful. Breakfast was delicious and really filled us up. Take time to browse the gift shop. Would definitely stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Comfortable, well-maintained, nicely decorated farm house, with friendly hosts. Beautifully landscaped grounds in a bucolic area, close to Cherry Springs State Park, for anyone planning on enjoying the area's dark sky at night. Fine breakfast. Only thing I would change next time is to not take a front room, as traffic noise awakened me early in the morning. A wider bed would have been nice, but that's often the case with B&Bs.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lifeisgood2010
Reviewed 11 September 2010

This bed and breakfast has everything one could wish for. I have been staying there for years and look forward to going back every time. Gail and Joe are wonderful and gracious hosts. They are always helpful and very accommodating. The surroundings are so tranquil and peaceful. I really cannot say enough good things! I usually stay in the Roseberry Loft and it has become my home away from home. I have stayed in a couple of the other rooms. They are all spotlessly clean and wonderfully decorated, although there was one room I found to be a bit small. The size was completely adequate and I may have only found it small because I am used to the spaciousness of the loft. I can wholeheartedly recommend The Frosty Hollow to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We try to get to Cherry Springs at least once a year for a star party (some of the darkest skies one the east coast). First few times we camped (and froze). Then someone cancelled and we were able to get into Frosty Hollow - warm shower, warm room, warm bed - GREAT breakfast. Now we have a camper with a furnace, but we still try to spend at least a couple of nights at Frosty Hollow to see our friends, visit with Joe and Gail and see what's new.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We had a very enjoyable stay at Frosty Hollow. The B&B has rooms in 1) a converted farmhouse with several rooms, 2) a converted barn with several rooms and 3) one room in a cottage. We stayed in the cottage. The room was spacious and clean. The floor sloped in places but everything was in good working order and worked well. The bathroom configuration was a bit unusual and cramped but all the fixtures worked just fine. We had a small refrigerator and a microwave oven in our room.

To access the free wireless I had to walk over to the old farmhouse as there was no reception in the cottage.

The barn, in addition to having a few rooms to let, was the office, had the breakfast room as well as a small shop with local crafts. The breakfast was "breakfast pizza", very tasty, as well as fruit and cereal.

The property has a large, beautiful garden, tended by our host, Joe ( also the breakfast cook). We enjoyed perambulating about the place, visiting the chickens and pet ducks and chatting with Joe about the place. "Panther", the friendly black cat, joined us on the porch of the cottage as we enjoyed the sunset.

Since Frosty Hollow is located well off the main highway, and since we had the cottage, it was a very peaceful night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business