“Great Breakfast at the Airport ”
Review of Bar Symon

Bar Symon
Ranked #6 of 78 Restaurants in Coraopolis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived in Pittsburgh very early on a Saturday. We stopped in for breakfast and were very pleased with our overall experience.

They allowed me to substitute items and accommodated my gluten sensitivity. Our service was quick & friendly. I had an omelette with bacon & avocados, a side of fruit instead of potatoes and a gluten free roll instead of toast. The food was very good and portions/prices were fair.

If at the airport, I recommend stopping here for a bite!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is amazing and one of the best places to eat when your traveling through Pittsburgh international Airport. I recommend the French Onion Burger. It was Divine and juicy and delicious and the rosemary fries were excellent. The atmosphere is that of a sports bar but with an aire of home. The service is top notch the waitresses and waiters take care of every need. The host was inviting and made you want come in and eat. Would recommend to anyone traveling through Pittsburgh international airport to stop.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Food was ok. You can tell it’s airport food. Waitress was very nice. Had a turkey club sandwich. Also had the chips and guacamole. I will say the beer was cold and tasty.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I usually have very low expectations for airport food, especially lately. So I went into Bar Symon at the Pittsburgh Airport expecting a mediocre but expensive meal.

Honestly... They exceeded my expectations. The service was quick and the menu wasn't overly expensive. But it's really the quality of the food that I care about. The tomato and blue cheese soup was excellent, as were the onion rings. But the really pleasant surprise was the Pittsburgher sandwich. Kielbasa, pierogis, sauerkraut, onions and cheddar cheese on grilled crispy bread. It came together perfectly!

Definitely a go to next time I'm in the Pittsburgh Airport.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I live out west and thought I would not get the chance to have a Chef Symon burger anytime soon. I was thrilled on a layover see the name pop up on the options for dinner and made a beeline to it. I expected my experience would be less polished than in a free standing version, and I was right. Still had a great burger. Ordered the Lola and loved the egg on bacon on pickled onions on cheese on medium patty goodness. Enjoyed getting my hands messy. My wife had soup and pierogies and kielbasa and didn't enjoy hers as much. My son had a kids burger and fries, and the fries were the crispy and hot. I added on a bourbon sour, which was excellent. I so wanted to give this 5s but just can't. Yes, far superior to food court food. I am sure I would have had an even better meal outside of an airport version.