“Usual Hotel Food”

Iron City Grille
Ranked #46 of 83 Restaurants in Coraopolis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I guess this should come as no surprise, but the hotel food was just the usual American bar food fare.

The food was greasy and unhealthy, deep fried, and a very limited menu of burgers, pizza, sandwiches, and a variety of items that they could thrown into some boiling fat to cook.

To their credit, the prices were fair. They didn't try to have a laugh with the prices as some hotels do. They did have a few higher end and more expensive entrée options, but I would find it extremely hard to believe that they would be worth ordering in a restaurant such as this.

If you find yourself in this hotel bar because you can't be bothered to drive, I guess it's not the end of the world. I've seen a lot worse in hotels over the years. But if you have the energy to drive to a nearby eating establishment, you'd probably be well advised to do so.

Date of visit: March 2013
1  Thank ZCT808
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Still relatively new to town, my family and I were looking for a kid-friendly Mother's Day brunch. I had heard from a colleague about Iron City Grille's special occasion brunches. This is not a cheap affair so I had high hopes that they would deliver. They most certainly did not.

The cold section included salads, dressings, cheese and fruit. This was just fine. The hot selections on steam tables included tilapia (my wife said was gross), sliced sirloin in a thick beef gravy (mediocre), steamed veggies (fine), hash browns (soggy).

There was a carving station of turkey breast (Jenni-O or Sysco?) and ham (not a fan of ham so I skipped it). There was also an omelet station (decent) and a pasta station. The table of desserts was basically whipped cream piped into fancy glasses. The cakes and pies were all bought from off-site and equally terrible.

Damage for our family of 4 was $68 not including gratuity (our 4 year old ate for free). This included coffee and soft drinks. There was a cash bar in the hallway for mixed drinks, beer, wine and asti. I didn't feel like giving this place any more of my cash, so I waited until I got home before treating myself to a drink.

I will say that the saving grace was the service. The managers and wait staff were all so very pleasant from welcome to departing and attentive in clearing dishes and refilling drinks. It's just too bad that the food was just dismal considering the price per person.

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Down to earth place in a charming environment. A mix of business people, travelers, and locals. Nice, friendly service too.

Date of visit: June 2012