“Superb Anniversary Dinner”

Concordville Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Concordville Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 322
Reviewed 28 June 2017

My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner, it was excellent from start to finish. We shared the Shrimp Concordville appetizer. For entrees we both ordered our favorites...roasted duck for him and lamb chops for me. Dessert was excellent, he had Peach Melba Parfait and I had Chocolate Mousse. An large pot of coffee was served with our dessert. Setting is awesome, great staff, wonderful celebration and dinner. No complaints at all!

Reviewed 10 June 2017

If you hanker for stuffed broiled mushrooms, clams casino and crab balls, head to the Concordville Inn Restaurant because it's probably the only place you'll find these items on a menu. We dined as a group the evening before a wedding. We started out with appetizers for the table and then each ordered from the menu. The appetizers were so-so, not bad but certainly not creative or super fresh. I wasn't particularly hungry so I ordered the shrimp cocktail which was excellent; six large, plump shrimp with a well seasoned cocktail sauce. The others weren't as happy with their meal (except for the lobster bisque which was said to be excellent). The cocktails were excellent but the service was slow. At another time during the weekend, we ordered appetizers in the bar (calamari, chicken tenders and shrimp cocktail). Pretty good.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Went here for the a la carte dinner on Mother's Day and the food was outstanding. The mushroom soup was absolutely delicious. The waitress and I wish I had gotten her name made our meal even more fun and engaging. Definately will go back soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Very disappointing day at the Concordville Inn today. My son called and thought he had made a reservation for the Mothers Day dinner, come to find out it really wasnt a reservation but a show up at 4 and you will be seated whenever,,,this is not good because my husband who is a diabetic took his insulin right before we went inside thinking we had the reservation & we would be eating relatively soon. We asked the guy up front who was working about how long & gave him the reason (because insulin was already taken) and his exact response was " SO WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ME " if you are a diabetic or you know anything about diabetics you know they have to eat within a certain time frame of taking insulin or it will not be good. What the Concordville should have told people when they called for reservations is this is a first come first serve kind of deal instead of making them believe they had an actual sit down time. The man was extremely rude, shouldnt have any direct contact with people at all & this family will never go there again. Guess what, our party of 7 gave our money to another establishment after we left your place & will never be back nor recommend the Concordville to anyone. Hopefully alot of people see this on all of our Facebook pages and think twice before choosing this establishment. — with John Montella and 2 others.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

If on the menu, I usually try the crab cakes. The menu described theirs as “two broiled super lump crab cakes made with our original recipe. Served with cocktail sauce” ($21.00). On the other hand, a pair of fried crab cakes is served with cocktail and tartar sauces (also $21.00). In addition, the entrée would include a vegetable and side of pasta, baked potato or French fries. A house salad ($5.50) or Caesar salad ($6.00) could be ordered with the entrée for $3.50 additional.

I ordered the baked crab cakes with fries and coleslaw as my vegetable as well as a small iceberg lettuce wedge salad (with cherry tomatoes, crumbled bacon, cucumbers, black olives, red onions, shredded carrots, croutons) with blue cheese dressing ($6.00).

After placing my order, the salad and entrée courses arrived in order following a short wait. I was disappointed on three points. First, my crab cakes were not what I considered to be, as the menu described, “super lump” crab cakes but likely crab meat ground with filler. Second, what was supposed to be the cocktail sauce, was like a jelly and tasted a bit on the sweet side instead of horseradish. And lastly, the entrée came with fries but without the requested coleslaw. I have had better crab cakes in several Wilmington restaurants with big pieces of lump crab meat without any filler.

I would choose a different seafood entrée with tartar sauce if a return visit is planned.