“Excellent old school Chinese restaurant with authentic Asian food”

Golden City Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Colmar
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Old School Chinese restaurant that is closed on Tuesdays and Holidays, but open every other day for lunch and dinner, unless there is a banquet or a wedding reception, so check before you go. 60s atmosphere with cloth tablecloths and napkins, very attentive staff, and cart service family style. The food is prepared fresh and from scratch and it is flavorful and plenty as are the unlimited free crispy noodles with 2 sauces and the free fruit and cookies for desert as well as the green tea. Everything is splendid. Mostly Chinese food and some Singapore and Vietnamese dishes. You can really do not wrong at this place and with the family style dinning one can get and share 4 different dishes with 4 people to get a good taste. The lunch prices are a bargain. Remember that this is a full-serve sit down restaurant that makes everything from scratch and willing to accommodate changes and not a strip-mall takeout joint.

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

I have been going to this place with my husband on Xmas Eve for the last 8 or 9 yrs & we have occasionally run into slow service, but the food is usually good.

Tonight was the worst & we probably wont be going back. I made s reservation for 4 ppl at 7. We were there on time but not seated for 15 minutes. Okay, then waited for someone to take our order. no one came. Half hr later, we went to hostess who took our order. Our soup & apps finally came after talking to owner & hostess 1.5 hrs later! And my husbands order was all wrong & he couldnt eat it. It ruined the relaxing eve we had planned. They did apologize, but waiting over 2 hrs for dinner was unacceptable.

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

A friend and I went in around 830 on a Friday night. 2 or 3 tables of people. We were virtually ignored for 5 minutes. Finally someone at the bar yelled "customers". A few minutes later they cleaned off a table for us. Brought us tea and fried noodles. Never got a menu for 15 minutes. Finally gave us menus and 10 minutes later took our order. Food was not great. Service was horrible. Been there forever but never crowded. Now I know why.

1  Thank Marc19002
Reviewed 28 February 2016

Our family used to go to Golden City fairly frequently about 15 years ago. We were passing by so decided to stop and see how it had changed. We were sadly surprised that it had indeed changed and was not as remembered.
The dining room did not meet my expectations for cleanliness and the food was just so-so. The service was still good, but the overall experience was not great. We won't be going back.

2  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

Two years ago, I visited Beijing and local friend took me a few restaurants. I tried lots of good dishes.. Man .. I missed Golden City Food. Some of friends don't like this place mainly for atmosphere, smell, service .. But they all agree with quality of food being the top.