“Solid "Comfort Food" In A Friendly Setting”
Review of Dutch Pantry

Dutch Pantry
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Clearfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 April 2018

We had dinner here while staying at a nearby hotel while traveling I-80. The menu is filled with comfort food. One of us had the meatloaf and the other a ham slice. Both were quite tasty. The bread pudding for desert was a 'must have' for those who are fans of bread pudding.

Out waitress was friendly and efficient. The pricing is reasonable. BTW, the portions in Senior Citizen menu are generous enough to fill most appetites. We will stop by again.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

They were out of both my first and second choice. The salad I had was ok, nothing to write home about. The kids didn’t care for their meal, but loved the applesauce and side options. Service was just ok. This is about the only place off the highway that isn’t fast food, so it’s an ok choice. We were here last year and had a fabulous experience.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Just had dinner , brought an order of apple fritters back to the hotel OMG THEY WERE THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Thank you, Trip Advisor. I saw apple fritters mentioned in the reviews and I could not pass them up. I was not disappointed. Soooooo good

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Dutch Panty used to be part of a larger chain that I remembered from my childhood in the 1960s. This is one of the last three remaining outlets. Dutch Pantry tried to have a kind of Amish home feel, and the additional 50 years have made the restaurant itself feel even more like it's from another world.

This location is just off of I-80 in central Pennsylvania. I have the sense it is popular with locals and with travelers who don't really want fast food. The setting is very homey, kind of like visiting a great aunt. The menu is basically comfort food - think what a Cracker Barrel or Bob Evans might have served when Lyndon Johnson was in office.

Our service had a kind of home town friendliness, which was as expected. The food was straightforward and the portions were ample.

My one quibble is that I thought it took just a little longer than I would have liked. We were just passing through on our way across Pennsylvania. I think we were there just under an hour for lunch - we didn't want fast food, but I wouldn't have minded it being just a little quicker.

In any case, if you want comfort food along the way, this is an appropriate choice.