“Ask for maria to be your server. ”
Review of State Street Grill

State Street Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
State Street Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Winola Rd.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have date night as often as we can and we like state street because of the amazing service we get from Maria shevchik. We have had our issues but, not with the service from Maria.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Very tasty crab cake sandwich with sweet potato french fries. Nice to sit outside and watch the traffic and the people.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

After hearing many decent reviews, I went to State Street with my mother and my sister for brunch. When we arrived, we were greeted by the host, who seemed as if he couldn't be bothered to seat us. The waiter seemed absolutely miserable, as if he would rather have his arm chewed off by a wild animal than be at his job.

The food was nice, but nothing exceptional. The ingredients were quality, but the dishes were overpriced for what was given. Flavor combinations are simple. Nothing spectacular or memorable in regards to taste, presentation, or portion size. I ended up paying for all of us, and by the time we left I was quite underwhelmed. This was surprising, because I expected much more from what others have told me.

Fast forward to May 2018, I went there again, this time for dinner and only with my sister. We went on a day where the weather couldn't make up its mind, but at the time it was sunny. The host discouraged us from dining outside, because rain was expected any minute now. So, we sat inside and appreciated his advice, even though we were bummed out.

The waitress came over and handed us the menu. We decided to order the calamari as an appetizer, but apparently they ran out. This was peculiar, because by the time we went it was a little prior to 5 PM, which is quite early for dinner time and we were the only ones there. We would've appreciated knowing this in advance before taking our time to go through the menu and deciding what we wanted to eat.

We ended up ordering the housemade chips, which you have to mix yourself because all of the balsamic and blue cheese sits at the bottom and sogs up the chips underneath the top layer. We also ordered bang bang shrimp, which is a cup of dime sized shrimp, covered in a lack luster sauce that you could buy at a grocery store. It was also over  $13! This was extremely overpriced in my opinion. I ordered a dragon bowl for dinner. It was as if they took cold, low-quality crab, tossed it in a flavorless, light mayo, and threw it on a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce. There was absolutely no flavor. Completely disatisfying for being over  $17.

Also, the wait staff received a cancellation for mothers day and were practically rejoicing. They were complaining about how they hated their job and serving guests. As an employee at a 5 star/4 diamond resort, hospitality is key and personal opinions should always be a back-of-house conversation. Openly admitting to misery is classless and left a bad taste in our mouths that the food just couldn't cover. I won't suggest this restaurant to anyone I know, nor will I be coming back.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

So a friend of mine wanted to go to this place. We made reservations.. I can tell you that the service was not so good. Waitress didn't remember anything we ordered and kept forgetting about us and we were not hidden...the food was over cooked and hard to eat ...we ended up leaving not taking our food to..I will not go back

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We started out with the vegan wings which were excellent , I had the range special for the night which was a braised pork chop. Was cooked perfect served with fresh green beans and purée turnip. All meals were very tasty highly recommend . Lighting is low so if you are starting to need reading glasses be prepare.

1  Thank Khristy K