“Hotel Hell”

Econo Lodge Clarks Summit
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Reviewed 22 February 2016

We needed a stop-over place on our way to Penn St. from Boston and rolled the dice on this dump and wow, did we lose, big time!...like Holmes taking on the chin from Iron Mike, it was fugly...The front desk staff was nice and the continental breakfast was OK, but it went quickly downhill from there, like an out-of-control car with no breaks heading for a filthy ravine. The rooms were completely outdated, with filthy, cigarette burn-holed sheets and disgustingly stained pillow cases that were, I assume, at one time, white, but are now cream colored through brown...nasty...have the chamber maids heard of bleach?...wow...and on top of everything else the ancient heating unit blew cold air...in Nov.!...I can sum up our stay in 2 words...STAY AWAY!!

Room Tip: Stay as far away from this dump as possible!..It's like a set of a horror movie circa 1982..the...
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob B
economgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge Clarks Summit, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Dear Bob,

Reviewed 21 February 2016

We stopped here for the night on the way to New York and it did exactly what it needed to. It is very basic but clean. The service was a little slow but overall good. For $50 CDN a night we couldn't complain.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Klein3,

Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

I had an overnight stay here on Labor Day weekend - I was on a budget and needed a decent place to stay, and when I saw the prices for this (and remembered staying here once as a kid), I booked the room. Don't expect a 5-star hotel, but this place isn't bad at all either. The room is about average for a economy chain motel, everything in the room worked fine, the bed was comfortable enough. Shower pressure (a big thing to me) was amazingly good. I ordinarily would have given this place three stars, but it got a fourth from me due to excellent service from the front desk. I had a late check-in and an early departure, but the guy working the desk was extremely cool, nice, accommodating to anything I might have needed, and he alone gave this place a fourth star from me. It's great customer service like this that will have me seriously considering returning here in the future for overnight stays.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim L
Sunny M, Manager at Econo Lodge Clarks Summit, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Dear Jim L,

Reviewed 27 July 2015

After reading some early reviews, I was reluctant to stay here, however! this hotel accepts Pets! The room was fairly large with a balcony, very clean, bed comfy, bathroom clean and nicely done, I liked the tiles. Had a micro & refrig in it. My husband travelled for work, I just tagged along, At no time staying alone did I feel uncomfortable. I would rate this hotel as very good, it needs updates as do all, the premises were extremely clean and well cared for. This hotel is owned by a couple and you would see the wife working all the time, including planting flowers.
As for pets, we have a dog and he sometimes went to a doggy day care right around the corner (great location) and as for somewhere to do his " business" there was ample green space, (we picked up after) So we were pleased and will return in Sept. for a week. If you want a fancy place to stay with a spa & etc. this is not it, however if you want the basics and not spend a fortune this is the place. We travel a lot and stay in different hotels/resorts and you pick the place according to what you want to do & stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank annplyr
Sunny M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Clarks Summit, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2015

Dear Ann,
Subject: Your recent stay at Econo Lodge in Clarks Summit
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Your kind words for Nikki was really appreciated yes she is a gem in our team.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! also like to extend

Sunny Mehta
Econo Lodge of Clarks Summit/Scranton

Reviewed 22 July 2015

Unlike other motels, this was squeaky clean, friendly staff, and everything worked. It was also very close to the highway and very inexpensive. I will definitely return if im in the area. If you want a fancy hotel with nice amenities, try a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends

7.5 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore
19.3 km away
Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Clarks Summit? Share your experiences!