“Very good food, dreadful acoustics”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Bazil has a very nice Italian menu and we were more than pleased with our dinner. My husband ordered Veal Parmesan, which he loves and orders often when we eat out. He said that the veal Parmesan at Bazil was outstanding, tender and seasoned just right. Right up there with the best he ever had. I had papardelle with veal ragu (shredded osso buco) and I though it was excellent. We started with a shared calamari Arrabiatta which we both liked. Caesar salads were just average at best. The only down side of the evening was the extraordinary noise level. One of those places where it gets loud and people talk louder and it rises to the level of almost painful. Can't even begin to have a conversation, and pity anyone who wears a hearing aid - they'll go crazy. I noticed a few acoustic panels on the ceiling but something else needs to be done. Maybe our problem was because it was a Saturday night and the place was packed. Next time we'll try mid-week and see if that improves it.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Fine dining at its best at this cozy little restaurant. Food is prepped locally and you can taste it is not the frozen stuff you get elsewhere. Great selection of wine too,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

there were a couple families but mostly couples on date night. they also have a bar and outdoor seating. it was a little pricey but nice for something special. They also have a hotel with banquet facility.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

I really like Bazil (and used to eat here a lot). The food is very good, and the staff is very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The manager on the other hand is a bit of a jerk and not shy about it at all. At one point I was running about an hour early for my reservation and thought maybe I could push it up a little bit (can't hurt to ask, right?). His response was to laugh at me over the phone (a good belly laugh at that)... I would have been fine with a simple No...

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

The service was excellent. The selections were plentiful as well as the food. The Pork chops with peppers and pasta for dinner without reservations was excellent......