“Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Great dinning experience for sure staff was great and server . Sarah best . So in Chambersburg .pa
Make you stop at bistro 71.

1  Thank Paul D

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Order the French martini and onion soup ! Probably the best restaurant downtown. Would dine again . Bartender recommended the ahi tuna app.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

This place would remind you of a Philadelphia center city restaurant - old row house so it is long and narrow with a patio out back. We sat inside because of the weather but the patio would be great. Wait staff was very accommodating and helpful For entrees, would recommend the duck, the lemon butter scallops and the crab cakes. Salad was really amazing - spinach, candied pecans, parmesan strips. Can't say enough about this gem in a quaint little town.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Sever of us enjoyed a lovely dinner. Salad that was included with dinner was very good. Service was also very good. Several different entrees ordered, scallops, crab cake, lamb and tuna. All enjoyed. The ladies that ordered the scallops only wished the portion was larger. Nice wine selection by the glass also.
Can't wait to return when in the area again.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Had planned on quite a different venue in another town for a celebratory dinner with friends when my call for reservations revealed that it was Commencement and there were NO tables available until 7:45. Lots of texts back and forth before settling on Bistro 71, a bistro I'd not visited for nearly six years. "There's a patio," said my friend as final encouragement and an hour later we were sitting around a table on said patio on a PERFECT June evening.We had a good time. Staff were extremely pleasant and competent, a huge improvement over my last visit.
We had a cheese board with our decent house Pinot Noir as a starter as tables inside and around us filled up. The mood was decidedly lively and my friend explained that the present ownership is having quite an impact on local eateries. My starter of seared tuna with fried avocado arrived and it was delightful. Friends had crab cakes and trout and gave their plates high marks. My mussels arrived and I tucked in . They were the disappointment of the evening. Fat and flavorless. No worries. We did not stay for dessert, opting for a visit to a local custard stand instead.
We WILL return to the patio at Bistro 71. Perfect spot to spend an evening.