All reviews hill room general lee lee suite civil war ghost hunter rich history private entrance lovely home breakfast was delicious b bs a wonderful place to stay rocking chairs stayed one night short drive imboden room gargoyles hosts
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Stayed Valentines Weekend.
What an interesting place and an interesting experience. Flawless from the time we arrived to the time we left.
Jack and Maria were very nice and made you feel like family...very easy to talk to. We stayed in Room 6 in the back with the porch. Very nice and very clean and yes a few bumps in the night also a couple of weird pictures. They have a log book in every room where you can read other peoples ghostly experiences and previous comments.

Jack made breakfast Sat and Sun. morning and it was delicious. Sat. was a multiple cheesy omelet served with bacon and fresh fruit juice and coffee. Sun was a premium delicious Jack concoction of French toast fresh fruit juice and coffee. We found out about the Cashtown from watching ghost hunters but we now love it for much more than that. We ate at the inn for a package deal on Valentine’s Day and the food was amazing and I didn't see any hint of nastiness from the staff. Crystal was our waitress and she was very down to earth and very nice. We pretty much hit it off with all the staff there and had a really great time. It's close enough to Gettysburg and the attractions there but just far enough for peace and quiet.

We are planning on returning in September. Definitely a place to bring someone special for a romantic weekend or relaxation, or tourism. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sguywilson
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I have stayed at the cashtown inn many times in the past 2 years and booked every room in the inn besides room 1 & 7. Some of the rooms I actually booked many times (General Lee & AP Hill room) with hopes of finally seeing or hearing something. I never seen or heard anything until the Dead Presidents Weekend stay. 1 hour into our stay in room 6 a pen flew off the dresser and landed 7 feet away under the bed. this pen was one with a clip on the side so there was no way it rolled off. My mother stayed in the General Lee suite New Years Eve and watched the rocking chair rock back and forward many times during the night. My brother also caught allot of neat evp's in the AP Hill room during last Summers stay but the dead president's weekend was finally my time to witness something Yay! I enjoy every stay at the Inn and never had one complaint. The rooms are always very clean and kept. The Food is always great and the owners make me feel like family which is why I return again and again. I will definately be back and try one of the investigation weeks next time. I have to add I talked with many of the guests staying this weekend and they all good things to say also.

• Stayed: February 2010
2  Thank ursa70
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My husband and I love everything about the Cashtown. We have been there twice and plan on going back as often as we can (at least twice a year). We have never had a reason to say anything negative about Jack and Maria, or any of the staff we have encountered on our visits. The food (including breakfasts cooked by Jack) have always been great and we love the atmosphere in the Tavern. I have a hard time understanding the negative comments made. Hello... these people are busy...they are running a business and they too deserve some "off time." We have never felt that we were being "rushed" or ignored. Personally, we like the fact that the Cashtown is more "alive" than other B&Bs. If you want quiet, I would recommend one of the back suites. Yes, if you are in the main house, you may hear people down stairs in the restaurant or tavern until maybe 10pm, but what would you expect? For us, its a good mixture of activity and we can have our quiet time too. I do not feel that our Hosts are there to entertain us and keep us occupied our entire time there.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank catbug22
Reviewed 3 January 2010

My husband and I went to Cashtown Inn after recieving a gift certificate for two nights my parents bought us for Christmas. My parents loved it there, and wanted us to experience it for ourselves.

The Cashtown Inn was everything we expected. After recieving the confirmation email after we booked, I was skeptical. The confirmation was wordy and this was our first time staying at a B&B.

We were greeted at the door by the owners and we felt welcome right away. I didn't feel like we were staying in someone's house. We also felt safe after we recieved a key to allow us in and out at night. We stayed in the AP Hill room and loved it. I slept with the lights on the first night but heard nothing more than a few creeks and noises, which was expected. There was no TV or phone in the room but we didn't mind, it was a weekend away after all!

The owners couldn't have been more friendly or welcoming. Breakfast was excellent both mornings. We ate at the restaurant on our second night, and the food was spectacular! It may of been a bit expensive for some people, but it was worth every penny!!

The Cashtown Inn was about a ten minute drive from the center of town, but VERY close to two wineries :o) I can't say there was a thing we disliked about the Inn, it was great in every aspect. We've recommended this place to a few other couples, and already two couples have booked a stay!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MyrnScoLove
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We had reservations for New Years Eve at 7:45 PM, arrived 15 minutes early and we were sat right away. Our waiter Brian came to the table promptly for our drink order and since we took the menu off the internet we knew exactly what we wanted. They offered a seven-course meal for 55.00 - what a steal!! They never missed a beat - from filling water glasses to removing dirty dishes immediately. They made you feel like you were the only ones in the restaurant!!
This was only our second time here and both times we were not disappointed. Can't wait to get back again.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple