All reviews hill room general lee lee suite civil war ghost hunter rich history private entrance lovely home breakfast was delicious b bs a wonderful place to stay rocking chairs stayed one night short drive imboden room gargoyles hosts
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We had reservations for New Years Eve at 7:45 PM, arrived 15 minutes early and we were sat right away. Our waiter Brian came to the table promptly for our drink order and since we took the menu off the internet we knew exactly what we wanted. They offered a seven-course meal for 55.00 - what a steal!! They never missed a beat - from filling water glasses to removing dirty dishes immediately. They made you feel like you were the only ones in the restaurant!!
This was only our second time here and both times we were not disappointed. Can't wait to get back again.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deb911
Reviewed 1 January 2010

New Years Eve 2009. One year ago I did'nt know the cashtown inn existed and on the eve of a new decade I can say my favorite place is The Cashtown Inn. This is definately a multi faceted place to experience. The dining experience is simply the best. I have ever enjoyed such wonderful food and top class service. This kitchen will rate with any restaurant in the metro area. Food preparation and presentation is unforgettable. I have visited this establishment six times this year and each time my expectations have been exceeded. The ambiance of this INN is unsurpassed. As the headquarters of the confederate army during the civil war battle of gettysburg, undoubtedly the most significant battle of the civil war, any history buff will be thrilled to sleep in any room knowing that the civil war generals of the south spent their evenings plannning the next days battles in this Innn and probably spent a sleepless night playing their decisions over in their minds. If your curiousity of the paranormal needs to be tweeked this is the Ultimate place. In each of my six visits I have experienced significant proof of paranormal activity. If you are faint of heart this may not be for you, but if you are open to a visit from the ghost of a civil war vet you may experience a thrill of a lifetime. The special ingredient that keeps me coming back to CASHTOWN INN are the Innkeepers Jack and Maria. One visit will warm you up to a hospitality you will not find many places in the world. I feel like they are the best part of my family. We will continue to visit as often as we can and my fiance' and I have decided that we would like to be married at the Cashtown in 2010. Jack and Maria, thankyou for the total experience. Bill and Kim

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wsf423
Reviewed 3 December 2009

If you like history, this Inn is ripe with stories and events spanning 200+ years, it is also 8 short miles from Gettysburg. Does the paranormal intrigue you, well they have that too! Coupled with an outstanding restuarant, this wonderful Inn was a no brainer for my wife and I. When we arrived we met Jack and he quickly checked us in and showed us to our suite. We made plans to eat at the restuarant the following evening. Jack was very helpful with some local tips and information and we decided to head out to a local winery. It was about 5 PM when we pulled into the winery and much to our dismay, the placed was packed with nothing more then standing room. My wife quickly called back to the Inn and asked if it was possible that we get a reservation for dinner that evening, Jack saw to it that we were seated in a timely manner(to this I was grateful and so was the wife because the winery thing left me grumpy) The food was outstanding and served at appropriate intervals, we topped off our meal with a fabulous dessert and we left the dinning room smiling. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated, we had a TV, VCR/DVD player and a Bose wave radio(nice touch) We also had several DVDs and books in the room for our entertainment. Around midnight we slipped into the queen size bed and drifted off to sleep, I did put a digital recorder on top of the TV before turning in, I figured I might as well see what I could "catch" while we were sleeping. That first night was uneventful, I did hear some "bumps" in the night, but that was all. I turned the recorder off in the morning but did not listen to the recordings, figured to do that at home. On the second day, we went to the Tarvern in the morning for breakfast, we had another fantastic meal and had some interesting conversations with the other guests. One gentlemen had some very odd things happen to him during the night, like being touched by ghostly hands, better him then me! Off to the battlefield we went for the day and we stayed in town for the Christmas Parade (sorry, can't find it in my heart to call it the Holiday parade, my review). We arrived back at the Inn around 9:30 PM, freshened up and went back to the Tavern. My wife and I had such a good time talking to the folks in the tavern. Jack and Maria were absolutely the best hosts, they made us feel like we were home with old friends! We turned in around 12:30 AM and our second night was not so uneventful, I heard loud footsteps during the night and my wife was suddenly awoken by a horrible smell. She described it as being "putrid" and made her nauseous. Breakfast that morning was fantastic! I must say that the stuffed french toast was out of this world, and was a great ending to a wonderful stay at the Cashtowm Inn. History, mystery, good food and friends is the way I see it, and I am certain that we will return.
P.S. Remember the digital recorder I mention? When we got home, I listened to the recording and heard doors closing, the sound of a snare drum playing a cadence, footsteps, banging,and last but not least EVP's. 1 class "A" EVP said "must go now, goodbye" and another said "get out". I am glad I did not wake up for that stuff!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewJerseyWanderer
Reviewed 24 November 2009

My friends and I stayed one night at the Cashtown Inn and we had a blast! The owners, Jack & Maria are a great couple who welcomed us into their "home" the moment we arrived! We had made dinner reservations upon booking our stay, which was a good thing, since the dinning room fills quickly with the locals. Food is FANTASTIC! Staff is friendly and accomodating. No ghosts during our stay but a good time was had by all!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank acairtg
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Maria and Jack are wonderful hosts, who make you feel welcome the moment you arrive! I would make dining reservations before you arrive as the tavern fills up quickly because of its excellent reputation with the locals. The food is fantastic and come hungry--I had to skip dessert because they give you a good size serving. They also buy locally and give credit to their vendors. Friendly staff were helpful with our questions and patient with our wanting more to know about the spirits in the Inn. I would recommend the Cashtown Inn to all.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends