“If you're looking for traditional diner food - this is the place to go!”
Review of Fairgrounds Diner

Fairgrounds Diner
Ranked #43 of 172 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Typical Greek diner menu, huge variety, breakfast all day, and plenty of food covering the platters. Usually some to take home too!
Willing to make the small changes per customer request = better dining experience.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Service was friendly. Food quality was average, nothing special. Price for what we ate leaned toward too much. Don't think we'll eat here again.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Wife and I were out and in the neighborhood of Fairgrounds Diner so stopped for dinner.
I had a Belgian Waffle with fruit topping and the wife had grilled chicken breast with cauliflower and cream of broccoli soup.
The waffle was a bit undercooked in the middle and the peaches were canned with heavy syrup with hints of nutmeg.
The wife's chicken breast was sliced very thin but was still moist. The cauliflower was soft and moist but did not taste like it was made from scratch (frozen?). The soup was creamy but salty.

Not the worst meal but not good enough to draw me back soon.

The restaurant was clean and service was quick and friendly. The food came out fairly quickly.

My recommendation is to order the omelet. The guests at the next table all ordered them and they looked good.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

We had the world's best waitress. She took great care of us. Our meals were fantastic. The place is pretty and clean. Plenty of seating inside and parking spaces outside.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I didn't really expect much from this diner, but was pleasantly surprised. It was clean and the wait staff was attentive. The menu was extensive, with a good variety of choices for breakfast. I had the creamed chipped beef over homefries with a side of toast ($6.25). It was pretty good, with actual chipped beef flavor and no lingering flour taste. Most breakfast diners do not have especially good SOS, so I was happy with this choice. My wife had an Alpine omelet, homefries and rye toast. No complaints from her either. We are always looking for a decent breakfast in the area so we will return to the Fairgrounds Diner.

2  Thank William S

Been to Fairgrounds Diner? Share your experiences!