“so many delicious choices -- hard to choose what to order!”
Review of Middlesex Diner

Middlesex Diner
Ranked #9 of 172 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our waitress was friendly and attentive. The food was abundant and complex in flavor. Surly teenager (Maddie?) was the hostess, but once you set aside her attitude, the Middlesex Diner was a pleasant discovery. We'd definitely go back next time we're in the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had pork chops, green beans and mashed potatoes. I had chicken noodle soup as my soup .everything was great

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It had rained all day while traveling, so down home cooking was perfect! Middlesex diner was close to our hotel and very easy to find as it was right on Harrisburg Pike near the expressway.

For lunch we ordered omelets, as they serve breakfast all day. I had the Spinach & Feta ($6.59) which came with home fries & white, wheat or rye. For 50¢, I upgraded & had an English muffin. Our waitress Chris was very friendly.

We returned for dinner later in the evening. Our waitress was Lana. I had the Broiled Haddock with a side salad & 2 sides. Spouse had the Liver & Onions with beef gravy ($9.99)

The only thing were weren't crazy about was the mac & cheese side. The macaroni was too soft and we prefer a sharp cheddar cheese.

If in the area again, we will stop because it was very clean, lots of booths, a large facility with quick service and a huge menu!

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I really like diners. There’s nothing like a really good one. They are open 24/7 , have home cooked food, usually their own bakery and good prices. You don’t go for fine dining, just good food.
Middlesex checks all the boxes. Food is good. It was afternoon and my wife felt like French toast. No problem have it anytime you want. Diners don’t have clocks on food. French toast was tasty.
There were so many nice selections it was hard to choose. I finally had a Reuben. It was very good with nice lean meat.
Portions were large, prices are fair.
Our server was pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Took my 93 y/o mom to lunch here. Was surprised to see an Eastern European favorite,stuffed cabbage on the menu. I was skeptical as to if this was homemade. The waitress assured me that everything is made from scratch. The price was very reasonable so why not. I was pleasantly surprised, it was very clear to my foodie taste buds that the stuffed cabbage was the real deal. My mom had the same meal, but can’t tolerate a lot of tomato sauce so they gave her a portion with only a small ant of sauce. I know I needed to pick a side that had some green in it, so I thought peas would be a good choice. Once again, I questioned the source of the peas, frozen or canned. Nothing more discussing than a bowl of O.D. Green peas. I was assured that the peas were frozen and they were. No room for dessert, but I saw my husband’s favorite pie on the menu, cocoanut cream. Again, the waitress assured me it was homemade. Hubby said it was the best pie he ever ate. Will be back to Middlesex Diner!

Been to Middlesex Diner? Share your experiences!