“Much Better”
Review of Tacqueria Laurita

Tacqueria Laurita
Ranked #58 of 172 Restaurants in Carlisle
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I gave this place three stars based on my first visit, but I've been back twice since with the hubby and we've been blown away both times. The yuca fries are still fantastic, and we've tried empanadas, quesadillas, and several types of tacos, including the El Pastor that I was unimpressed with on my first visit, and they've all been delicious; they added grilled pineapple to the El Pastor and it makes a huge difference in terms of both moisture and taste. This has become our favorite taco joint, and our favorite Mexican place (seriously, why aren't there any good Mexican restaurants up here) in PA.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I was less then impressed when we attempted the lunch here. They ran out of items early in to lunch and what was available wasn't really that great. I would have gone to three for taste alone but since it isn't cheap it brought it down a bit. I really wanted to like it because there is a lack of tasty Mexican in the area but even in an area that is lacking, I'm going to skip on this in the future.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

From the outside, adorable. But all the goodness ends there.

My son and I recently popped in for a quick bite but disappointment was served. My son summed it up best: “the tacos taste like cardboard with cold meat. The cheese tastes like feta, which is confusing because you briefly think you may have wandered into a Greek restaurant. This place is horrible and not worth a single dollar, which sucks because the tacos cost a s***-ton of money. Oh, and the quesadillas are one of the worst I’ve ever eaten. I would rather have cafeteria food.”

I guess we won’t be back.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This is a cute little hole in the wall downtown. I had a fish taco (mostly cut ends off cornmeal-battered fried fish, but the slaw on top was excellent) and the tacos el pastor (the pork was dry and there was no sauce) with a side of the yucca fries, which were the highlight of the meal.
I'll definitely give this place another chance, but my first impression was just ok.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Outstanding food and excellent service. It is a counter serve type restaurant so no wait staff here. The food was very fresh with quality ingredients. I will definitely be going back.