“Neat small place, with good but not great food”
Review of Tacqueria Laurita

Tacqueria Laurita
Ranked #59 of 175 Restaurants in Carlisle
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Ate here yesterday, as part of the Carlisle Restaurant Week promotion. While my wife, son and I had a variety of food, the empanadas had quite a bit of dough compared to the filling. The shrimp ceviche had rubbery shrimp that tasted like they had been pre-cooked (which is NOT "ceviche"), and the tamale also suffered from a lack of filling. We will go back to try other items, but will not become regulars, even though we need authentic Mexican food here in Central Pa.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

These street tacos are amazing. So flavorful. I love the Al Pastor (pork with pineapple) and who doesn't love a WTF taco (weekly taco feature) affordable too!

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

We just moved into town from Providence (a great culinary scene) and we were pleasantly surprised by the authentic, natural, simple flavors of this wonderful little taqueria. I don't know whether or not these simple, quasi minimalist tacos compare to the overwrought spices of So Cal, but never in America had I found any place mimicking, even recreating so exquisitely the savory simplicity of Yucatan and Chiapas, or the Juicy proteins of Sierra Norte and Puebla. I've no idea what tradition, specifically, may inform the cuisine here (I suspect it is a mix of many), but we were blown away and brought back to our Mexican travels.

1  Thank Giacomo L
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Authentic Mexican food in a fun food truck-like atmosphere. The tacos are very good, the aguas frescas are great, and the deserts are excellent. Fun place to go with friends or family.

1  Thank rdstephe
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Had heard mixed reviews about this place, but decided this evening to try them out. I ordered one of the combo specials - a quesadilla & 2 tacos. Service was snappy - although we were the only 2 people here at the time (there are only about a half-dozen tables). Portion size was small, although the prices weren't quite as high as I had been led to believe. The quesadilla was good, but the tacos needed just a bit more pizazz for my taste. I'm glad I satisfied my curiosity ...perhaps I should try something else from the menu next time...

2  Thank ErnTrekker