All reviews one bedroom suite full kitchen front desk marriott properties pull out couch pool and hot tub hershey park laundry room oatmeal free breakfast make your own waffles home away from home road trip check in was quick extra towels cleaning staff definitely stay here again
Reviewed 16 September 2018

This convenient to I 95 Residence Inn is a great stop heading north or south on I95. It’s not the newest Residence but the staff is pleasant, the rooms perfectly acceptable if a bit tired, and the location has plenty of grass if you bring your dog! :-). Obviously, some people had negative experiences but I would stay again due to convenience and reasonable condition with nice staff.

Room tip: Ground floor near exit door.
Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stayed one night at the Carlisle Residence Inn prior to attending a car event at the Carlisle Fairgrounds. The location of the hotel in right off the PA Turnpike and a 10 minute drive to the fairgrounds.
Check in was easy and the staff was very friendly. Our room was large and clean and we had a good nights sleep. The breakfast buffet was typical hotel food. The staff in the dining area were quick to clean up the dirty dishes.
Overall a great stay and will surely return in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bryan R, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisburg Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Thank you for sharing, we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel is a bit outdated. Rooms could be cleaner. They aren’t super awful but could definitely be better. More detail around the edges of carpet, shower kind of gross, sheets were ripped, carpets stained, refrigerator dirty, etc. As in many other reviews our AC unit also was leaking and carpet was wet. Front desk was friendly and check in was quick. I did like having a small kitchen and refrigerator. I wouldn’t rule out completely but next I might try to find somewhere newer.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing, I will look into these comments. Please visit again so we can show you we typically do much better.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Normally, I wait until I've checked out of a hotel before writing a review but I want to spare anyone who's thinking of booking here.

We checked in yesterday for 3 nights. Evidently, I was "upgraded" to a one bedroom from a Studio. Now...I'm a loyal Marriott girl but this is the WORST I've ever stayed in. The room was so stuffy when we arrived that we didn't bring our things in until I could be sure the A/C was working. Front Desk sent "maintenance" to look at it. Teenaged boy, inappropriately dressed with headphones in his ears. I knew more about the system than he did. We got it to work but soon discovered it was a freeze or roast situation.

As a Gold member, I have a profile registered with Marriott. Truthfully, most places don't check it so this time I sent a reminder...first floor room with extra towels. I got the 1st floor but not the towels. The bed was tiny compared to the King I requested in the Studio and it honestly looked like my 9 year old grandson made it. Bed skirt and bedspread all askew. We decided to turn in. I went to brush my teeth and the bathroom sink was totally clogged. I went to hang up my clothes and the heavy, mirrored, sliding glass closet door came off the track and nearly fell on me!! Spiders in the tub.

Sunday morning we decided to do laundry but the laundry room and washers/dryers were filthy. Seriously, I've been in much cleaner public laundromat. I mentioned this to a member of the cleaning staff and she said "I know. We're working on it." Really? I didn't see anyone working on it. In fact, I'd say it's been months since anyone "worked" on it. Finally, after 2 more requests, we got a very nice Maintenance man to fix the sink and closet door. You should have seen the GUNK he cleaned out of the sink! Lucky me! I got to see it because he threw it into the toilet and didn't have the courtesy to flush!! As I write this, my husband is going out to our car to get a blanket. He's dressed in sweats and still freezing!

Move on, people. Find somewhere else to stay. There is a Hampton Inn behind this Residence Inn, maybe it's better. It can't be worse.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights while we enjoyed days Hershey and Gettysburg. A great location and the staff were all so friendly. Tina in housekeeping was a great help to us. The 2 men that ran the breakfast buffet were awesome! Kept all food filled and area very clean!
Only issue I could see was the room we had could use a deep clean, heavy dust on trim and door hinges, mirrors.

Trip type: Travelled with family

So happy to hear when the staff makes the difference! Thank you for sharing.