“Pleasant discover on a long drive”

Walnut Bottom Diner
Ranked #12 of 172 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 March 2018

We're tired of all the pedestrian restaurants and soylent green chains, so when we spot a local diner, that's where we spin the wheel. To our good fortune, the Walnut Bottom Diner was a winner from the very start. We were directed to a seat very quickly and the waitress was patient for my wife to return from the ladies room before she sat down. They have a very extensive menu with lots of options. However, I was in the mood for tuna something and the diner had about 6 choices: salad, sandwich, wrap, Panini, melt, etc. I chose the salad. It was a very large pile of tuna on a bed of fresh iceberg lettuce, with tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, olives and onions. I sprinkles some ranch dressing on it and I was all set. Delicious and filling. My wife had the roast beef dip. She was disappointed it did not come with any horseradish, but otherwise she was happy with her meal also. This is truly a great break from the other offerings along the highway, a winner every time. Thank you Denise.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

While traveling north on 81, we needed to get a late lunch and some gas....got off at an exit with some fast food chains but saw this diner just down the road and decided to try it as I love a good diner.....delicious looking bakery cakes greet you as you enter....we were seated right away....waitress was attentive and very pleasant....we both wanted simple so a grilled chicken sandwich with mushrooms and onions, a bacon cheese burger, soup and fries.....meal was served quickly and everything was hot, cooked perfectly and delicious.....prices were also excellent....this was a great unexpected find and way way better than a chain restaurant....I saw a sign that they won an award for #1 Diner--very well deserved!

1  Thank AnnW562014
Reviewed 10 March 2018

I had a Greek salad w/grilled chicken. Was good; lettuce was fresh, plenty of chicken and feta, Kalamata olives. Waitress was friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Joan11042018
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped at the Walnut Bottom Diner on a recent road trip since it was right off the highway. The food was good and the prices reasonable. A good choice if your looking for a quick meal and definitely beats chain restaurants.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We have eaten here numerous times, and everytime we love the french fries. They are the best we have eaten. Everytime we stop here we have a great meal, From the burgers, chicken sandwiches, chicken fried steak, to the gyros. Everything is great, the service is fast and courteous. A great place to eat.

Been to Walnut Bottom Diner? Share your experiences!